Resource icon

OBS Studio How to setup instant replay in OBS Studio

T68

Hi! looking for an instant replay functionality like this:
Hotkey 1 pressed = replay is saved to file but not played
Hotkey 2 pressed = latest saved replay is played in the ongoing broadcast
Hotkey 3 pressed = replay is saved AND instantly played in the ongoing broadcast.

Is this possible to achieve with this script?

So far I have only managed to get the "Hotkey 3" function to work wiht this script.

Thanks in advance for any help!

BamaBreeze

I had this working beautifully last year but got a new computer and I'm having trouble getting it set back up.

The frame rate on my replays seems to be 1 frame per 8 seconds. It's awful. When I view the saved replay videos independently it's the same. What am I doing wrong?

Ceanern

Is there a way to set it up so if you use the shortcuts created for the stream deck. I have it set to save replay buffer but it doesn't trigger the replay like I thought it would. Thanks in advance.

jremitz

Everything worked as advertised with one exception that most have called out or that I've seen referenced elsewhere: if you're not using any additional plugins or scripts you will need to modify the file recording settings so the names do not change on the "Replay" files. This is because the Media Source does not allow for dynamic files so the filename has to stay the same. Go to "Settings --> Advanced --> Recording: Filename Formatting."

The problem with this is that you lose the ability to keep all of the replays, if that is important to you (think, highlight reel). The solution here requires an additional plugin to allow you to keep the dynamic filename setting but to update the Media Source with the latest Replay file. There might be others but for right now you can use the Directory Watch Media plugin. This creates a new filter type that you can attach to the Media Source to update the file. Good luck!

eriklanden

We stream a mountainbike event with mostly 30fps gear. I have added two Gopros to the mix at 60fps for slowmo. Is there a way to take advantage of the Gopro 60fps when adding replays? Can i have a 30fps timeline and record 60fps from Gopro and slow it down to 30fps?

I Gotta Find Another Method Check This Out:
  1. Install the OBS Studio software on your computer if you haven't already. You can download it from the official OBS Studio website (https://obsproject.com/).
  2. Launch OBS Studio and go to the main window.
  3. In the Sources section, click on the "+" button to add a new source.
  4. Select "Window Capture" or "Display Capture," depending on whether you want to capture a specific window or your entire display. Name the source appropriately and click "OK."
  5. In the settings for the source you just added, choose the specific window or display you want to capture for instant replay. Adjust any other settings if needed, such as capturing a specific region of the screen.
  6. In the Controls section of OBS Studio, click on the "Settings" button.
  7. In the Settings window, navigate to the "Output" tab.
  8. Under the "Recording" section, select your preferred file format and location where the instant replays will be saved.
  9. Adjust the "Recording Path" to choose the folder where you want the instant replay files to be saved. You can also customize the "Recording Format" and "Recording Quality" options to fit your requirements.
  10. Click on the "Hotkeys" tab in the Settings window.
  11. Scroll down to find the "Replay Buffer" section.
  12. Set a hotkey combination for "Start Replay Buffer" and "Save Replay Buffer."
  13. Once you have set the hotkey combination, click "Apply" and then "OK" to close the Settings window.
  14. Start your stream or recording as you normally would.
  15. When you want to activate the instant replay, press the "Start Replay Buffer" hotkey. OBS Studio will start buffering your stream or recording in the background.
  16. If something noteworthy happens that you want to save as an instant replay, press the "Save Replay Buffer" hotkey. OBS Studio will save the buffered portion of your stream or recording as a file in the location you specified earlier.
  17. To stop the instant replay and clear the buffer, you can either press the "Stop Replay Buffer" hotkey or simply stop the stream or recording.
That's it! You have now set up instant replay in OBS Studio. Remember to use the designated hotkeys to trigger and save the replays during your live stream or recording.

For More Info You Can Ask Here: We are a Software Development Company in USA https://www.transdatadigital.com/

roycoper

Step-by-Step Guide​

1. Download and Install OBS Studio​

Start by downloading and installing OBS Studio from the official website (https://obsproject.com/). Follow the installation instructions for your operating system.

2. Open OBS Studio​

Launch OBS Studio after installation. Familiarize yourself with the interface if you're a new user.

3. Configure Instant Replay Settings​

Navigate to "Settings" in OBS Studio and select the "Output" tab. Look for the "Replay Buffer" section and enable it. Set the desired duration for your instant replay.

4. Set Hotkeys​

In the "Hotkeys" section of the "Settings" menu, assign hotkeys for starting and stopping the instant replay. This allows you to control the feature during your live stream.

5. Integrate Inteliviu.ai​

Visit https://www.inteliviu.ai/ to explore the advanced features offered by Inteliviu.ai. Sign up for an account if you haven't already.

6. Obtain API Key​

After signing up, navigate to your Inteliviu.ai account dashboard and obtain your API key. This key is essential for connecting Inteliviu.ai with OBS Studio.

7. Install Inteliviu OBS Studio Plugin​

Download and install the Inteliviu OBS Studio plugin from the Inteliviu.ai website. Follow the installation instructions provided.

8. Configure Inteliviu.ai in OBS Studio​

In OBS Studio, go to "Settings" and select the "Inteliviu.ai" tab. Enter your API key and configure any additional settings offered by Inteliviu.ai.

9. Test Your Setup​

Create a test scene in OBS Studio and initiate the instant replay using the assigned hotkeys. Verify that Inteliviu.ai features, such as real-time analytics and audience engagement tools, are working seamlessly.

Shao6

Setting up instant replay in OBS Studio is easy and can enhance your streaming experience. First, navigate to the "Settings" menu and select the "Output" tab. Then, under "Recording," enable the option for "Automatically start replay buffer when streaming." Next, define your replay buffer settings, including duration and maximum size. Finally, assign a hotkey to start and stop the replay buffer during your stream. With these steps completed, you can capture and replay memorable moments with just the press of a button, adding excitement and engagement to your content. Vanced microG