How to make OBS capture full windows volume despite muted?

Levge

Hi guys, I've recently changed laptop and now I am facing some issues. Previously, was using Windows 10, my OBS is able to capture full volume of the game while having my speaker/headphone (windows volume) set as very low or even muted. Right now, I am using Windows 11 and my OBS is capturing volume based on the volume I am setting (which is usually low) and obviously I wanted it to capture full volume of the game. Would appreciate any help right here. :)

giever

This is happening to me too on Windows 11. It's frustrating because I don't have some other speakers or anything to plug my headphones in that I can control the volume with a knob or anything; I have to use the Windows volume setting, which seems to be necessarily affecting desktop audio volume.

Weijeff

Windows volume and OBS volume are not same thing. It's unconerned. You can adjust OBS volume in the audio mixer. OBS volume relates to the volume of your recording or streaming via OBS. But windows volume is actually system volume( Win 10 Win 11 Mac OS etc.). It is often what we are hearing mostly.

David Oldfield

im having the same problem, windows audio is effecting recorded audio levels.
iv gone from a usb audio interface (where obs ignored windows volume settings), to the headphone socket on my monitor (where obs is now effected)

David Oldfield

im having the same problem, windows audio is effecting recorded audio levels.
iv gone from a usb audio interface (where obs ignored windows volume settings), to the headphone socket on my monitor (where obs is now effected)
Found a 3.5mm extension cable to run from the pc tower and its ok, both round the back and headphone socket on top.
seems for me at least it doesnt like hdmi? i imagine they are different drivers, iv got an nvidia 3070ti on windows 11