Question / Help How to emulate OBS simple output preset settings in advanced

i need to this to be able to record audio to separate tracks so i can modify them in post and alter audio levels

The Preset:

Recording Quality: High Quality, Medium File Size

Recording Format: mkv

Encoder: Hardware (NVENC)

My gameplay recording quality is amazing with this preset but i need that same quality on advanced so i can separate audio sources out to different tracks

i need to know how to replicate this preset exactly in the advanced output

**and no commenting about changing the levels in obs itself, i explicitly want separate audio tracks**

koala

Start OBS, do one test recording with simple settings, then view the current logfile. It's a text file. Find the logged session you just made. At the beginning of that session the settings are logged, and you can enter these settings in advanced mode.

MikeDedon

@koala currently battling a bigger issue, but my resolve seems to be to use simple mode to record at 240 hz because for some reason in advanced I always get the "stopping recording" issue. I am trying to emulate simple mode settings for advanced to be able to record at 240 and keep my audio custom-ability.

[jim-nvenc: 'simple_h264_recording'] settings:
13:51:38.401: rate_control: CQP
13:51:38.401: bitrate: 0
13:51:38.401: cqp: 16
13:51:38.401: keyint: 250
13:51:38.401: preset: hq
13:51:38.401: profile: high
13:51:38.401: width: 1920
13:51:38.401: height: 1080
13:51:38.401: 2-pass: false
13:51:38.401: b-frames: 2
13:51:38.401: lookahead: false
13:51:38.401: psycho_aq: true

I was able to copy most of it but for key int it says 250 and im not sure what to put into the interval box on obs when the max is 10.

if it doesn't work after this move I should make a new thread about the whole issue.

koala

"Keyint" from the log corresponds to the "keyframe interval" in the settings GUI. The difference is the log contains the count in number of frames, while the settings GUI has it in seconds. Simply keep it at 0, so the encoder will choose the best value itself. There is some knowledge and best practice coded for this parameter, so 0 is really the best setting. Only if you must force some specific keyframe interval, use a value above 0, but usually you don't.

MikeDedon

"Keyint" from the log corresponds to the "keyframe interval" in the settings GUI. The difference is the log contains the count in number of frames, while the settings GUI has it in seconds. Simply keep it at 0, so the encoder will choose the best value itself. There is some knowledge and best practice coded for this parameter, so 0 is really the best setting. Only if you must force some specific keyframe interval, use a value above 0, but usually you don't.

https://obsproject.com/forum/thread...-to-fix-stopping-recording-for-240fps.124687/ i had to make anew thread would u happen to have any insight @koala