How do I send OBS's Monitor Output to *2* audio devices instead of just one?

yonkiman

Audio/Advanced/Monitoring Device only has an option for one output. Is there any way to send it to 2 different audio devices?

This is a major simplification of the overly-complicated question I posted an hour or two ago (would delete it if I could).

koala

No. There is only one monitoring device. And unfortunately, it's not possible to get the outgoing final audio to some monitoring device to feed it back into the OS.

yonkiman

Found a solution that seems to work well: VirtualAudioStream. $29 USD. OBS monitor output goes to "Stream 1", route Stream 1 to my local audio device for monitoring/sending to local PA system, and set the Zoom Microphone input to "Stream 1" to send the audio to Zoom. Seems to be working great, no latency that I can detect.

koala

@yonkiman The output of OBS is not the same as the monitoring device. "Output" means the final mixed audio that goes to the stream or to the recording. Monitoring is sending individual sources to some monitoring device before mixing. Can be configured in Advanced Audio properties of OBS. If you send multiple sources, they are mixed, of course, but as far as I remember, audio filters are not applied. It's not the same audio as the "Output".

Your software is just grabbing audio from devices (also provided by vb-audio or voicemeeter for free/donations) and apps (that's a new functionality, but also provided by the application output audio plugin of OBS). It isn't able to grab the "Output", because this is directly written to the stream or to the file, not going through the audio subsystem of Windows.

cyclemat

voicemeter

voicemeter.png