Question / Help How do I edit Twitch options via OBS? (eg. title)

Zipur

I managed to do this after I connected my OBS to my Twitch account for the first time (after 1.23 update) and then I got the twitch chat box and stream options like title, desc. and game. However after closing that I never figured out how to open them again. Is there a button somewhere?

Banyarola

Good luck...
While it's a good option I am not using it because they use Browser processes to run and when you close them the processes keep running using resources...

I filed a couple help posts about the problem but I am being ignored for some reason...

Danneroni

Hi there... I can't find the Vew>Dock>Stream... There is no stream option on 25.0.8.
Does anyone now what can I do?
Hi, i was looking for the same information and then, just thinking about it, i figured out the real problem.

To see that section: view>docks>Stream Information , you need to connect your twitch account via OBS and not using the streaming key only.
Without doing that, OBS will never be able to show your streaming informations, since its using only the streaming key to let you stream.

This should fix your problem, i tested it with the last 26.0 release.

Have fun with your future streamings!!!

Danne

john-kurkowski

That makes sense. How do you connect your Twitch account via OBS? I only see the option to set the streaming key. If I delete the streaming key and start streaming, OBS prompts me to enter a streaming key in Settings. That preference in turn opens a browser to https://dashboard.twitch.tv/u/<myusername>/settings/channel for me to manually copy the key, i.e. the old way of doing things.

acyssfx

Not sure if this will help you but I was having the same issue. What happened is I had OBS installed, added my Twitch. Uninstalled. Then a few months later installed it again. It picked up my Twitch settings but the program didn't make the jump to add the stream docks. So I disconnected Twitch and reconnected. Then the chat and stream information were in the View > Docks menu.