Hotkeys stop working after a few minutes

andreslfc

Hello,

I've used OBS a bit for about a year, but I've just now started to get more into it to speed up my process for producing training videos.

I have set up 3 scenes that I need to keep switching between during my recordings.

I set up Hotkeys for these scenes as well as for starting/stopping/pausing recording.
I've checked ensured that MacOS has granted the required permissions for OBS, and have installed the latest version of OBS as well.

The issue I have, is that the Hotkeys work just fine, but only for some minutes, I am able to start a recording via the Hotkeys, and switch scenes a few times, but after some minutes into the recording, the hotkeys stop working. I haven't yet been able to identify, at what point exactly they stop, nor if there could be another app interfering during the recording (I'm mostly swapping between Safari, Chrome, Finder and Preview during the recordings).

I don't believe this is an issue with permissions, because everything works flawlessly for a while, and all I have to do to get it to work again, is restart OBS.

I have had a look through a few threads, tried some of the suggestions (even though it didn't look like the other threads were referencing the exact issue I'm having), but I still haven't had any luck.

Hopefully someone can shine a light on this, as it takes me off my flow to have to keep reaching to the OBS window to switch scenes during recording and I would love to have this resolved!

Some extra info, I'm currently running MacOS Catalina 10.15.6 on a Hackintosh.

Thank you for any assistance in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 21.13.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 21.13.28 PM.png
    231.1 KB · Views: 27

umlang

I have the same problem. I've seen nothing in the logs to indicate a problem. I've seen it on while running on my MacBook Pro, and on my iMac. Closing and restarting OBS usually fixes the problem, but not an option in the middle of a livestream.