Question / Help High quality settings with low file size?!

SpectreKid

Hello, and I need some OBS settings that can give me high quality gameplay 1080p 60fps with a fairly small file size. I need a small file size since I need to upload to YouTube, and I will compress them later, but I need at least 1.3gb for 10 minutes or smaller.

Specs:
Core i7 6700
Rx560
16gb ram ddr4
2-1tb hdd

Narcogen

For recording you really want to use a quality setting and not a fixed bitrate. If you have a compatible video card, choose the NVENC encoder and select a relatively low quality number, say 22 or higher, and do some tests to see what kind of file sizes you get for 10 minutes sessions of the content you want to record.

A static bitrate will use more disk space when it doesn't need to, and won't give you any additional bitrate when scenes are complex and require it.

SpectreKid

For recording you really want to use a quality setting and not a fixed bitrate. If you have a compatible video card, choose the NVENC encoder and select a relatively low quality number, say 22 or higher, and do some tests to see what kind of file sizes you get for 10 minutes sessions of the content you want to record.

A static bitrate will use more disk space when it doesn't need to, and won't give you any additional bitrate when scenes are complex and require it.
Hey dude, I have an AMD GPU. I looked at the website but no AMD stuff. Can you help me get a better file size without getting big files? THXXXXXX

Narcogen

On Windows there is the AMF encoder, which is roughly the equivalent of NVENC.

It is a separate plugin.

https://obsproject.com/forum/resour...-framework-encoder-plugin-for-obs-studio.427/

However, the best option for prioritizing quality and small file size is the CPU x264 encoder. The GPU encoders (NVENC and AMF) both deliver inferior quality at the same file size as x264; they reduce system load and are best used for recording very large files for later editing, not streaming or recording while prioritizing low file size.

Narcogen

I don't use Streamlabs OBS, so I couldn't possibly say. I do know that generally support questions regarding SLOBS should be directed to StreamLabs rather than here, FWIW.

SpectreKid

Ok I checked the thread and basically got my recording setup. Can you give me some streaming settings? My game is lagging while streaming. Thnx so much you’re the best

lerezal

Hello, and I need some OBS settings that can give me high quality gameplay 1080p 60fps with a fairly small file size. I need a small file size since I need to upload to YouTube, and I will compress them later, but I need at least 1.3gb for 10 minutes or smaller.

Specs:
Core i7 6700
Rx560
16gb ram ddr4
2-1tb hdd
| i5 4460 , gtx 1060 6gb , 12gb ram ddr3 |
Here's my Settings 42min gameplay 1080p 60fps with 2,3gb size couldn't make it less , that's the best setup for a 1080p 60fps video in 2020 i think , and for screemshot (70) in output --> audio --> audio bitrate 128 or 96 , mine is 128 , and for screenshot (71) it's important to set the fps value unit on 'common fps values' .

Attachments

• Screenshot (70).png
    Screenshot (70).png
    50.2 KB · Views: 2,499
  • Screenshot (71).png
    Screenshot (71).png
    22.3 KB · Views: 2,439
Last edited: