Bug Report High fps record start success = random

GreatMCGamer

In Log 21-58, Is a successful recording.
In Log 22-19 is unsuccessful recording.

When recording fails, Only way to close OBS is trough Task manager, Unless it has hid it self away from there (Randomly on start up, randomly on recording start up, randomly on recording stop) and can only be found and closed from Resource monitor.

Chances of success on starting a recording can be improved by increasing B frames, Or Greatly underclocking GPU. Even tho The GPU is fully stable. (These Logs were with -200 on core and -500 on memory clocks on the GPU, as a side note, +100 on the core and + 400 on the memory are stable overclocks)
Also mov file format seemed to have greatly better chance of success on starting the recording then mp4. (mp4 is what I use and this was the first time I changed it)

I had a 980TI before, And that had greatly better chance of success (compared to current 1060 6G) but was also random.

I figure from this experience that there is something that is taking too long in the process of starting the recoding, and because of that something the recording fails to start.

Every time the File of new recording appears when recording is started, the recording will be a success.
When it doesn't appear, the recording can never stop, unless the process is killed by higher power.

Attachments

• 2019-10-14 02-21-58.txt
    17.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 2019-10-14 02-22-18.txt
    9.9 KB · Views: 19