Hidden FPS drop when OBS is on second monitor.

PressChef

This one is a doozy, and there's a really good chance has to do with my second monitor having only 30hz refresh rate, but there's a few things that make me think otherwise.
My two monitors are 185hz and 30hz respectively. Up until a few weeks ago streaming games hasn't been an issue for me but recently I've noticed a visible drop in fps while obs is open on my second monitor. The weird thing is the games don't tell me about an fps change (CS:GO will say I'm getting 500fps when it feels like I'm getting 20fps). There are only two ways I've found that "fix" it, one being putting both my game and OBS on the better monitor, which isn't ideal. The other way is to enable the full screen preview on my second monitor. I have done a bunch of troubleshooting already and have found no sollution.
The things I do know: Bitrate, resolution changes, in-game graphics changes, and stream preview are NOT affecting my fps. Additionally, hardware acceleration and V-sync, whether on or off, are not affecting it.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas!
Thanks!

Shinshi

I have the exact same issue,main monitor is 240 hz and second monitor is 60 hz, only solution I have found is to bring the obs on main monitor,but of course that beats the purpose of having a 2nd monitor.I ordered a HDMI cable for my 2nd monitor cause they both use Display port and that might fix it?