help with audio needed please.

argyllandy

this may sound strange or may have been asked before.
i am going to start streaming but i am in my livingroom, what i would like to know is can i sort my audio to -
my watchers can hear - game sounds - teamspeak (mine and people i play with) but only hear my voice when i press a button different from my teamspeak button as i want tto answer questions without my team mates hearing them.
i had it set up but they could hear my tv and livingroom sounds all the time (which i want to change to just hear when i press a button. also had it setup to here the game sounds and my friends voices in teamspeak but not mine.

any ideas. sorry but i need an idiots guide to it. my old brain needs to work by simple instructions lol.
thansk in advance for any help.

carlmmii

As far as I can tell, these are your sources, right?
desktop audio: game + teamspeak
Mic: just your mic

Nothing else going on? If so, then just make sure both are set in your audio settings, and set up a push-to-talk button for your mic in the hotkeys section.

argyllandy

As far as I can tell, these are your sources, right?
desktop audio: game + teamspeak
Mic: just your mic

Nothing else going on? If so, then just make sure both are set in your audio settings, and set up a push-to-talk button for your mic in the hotkeys section.
i have my mic set up and can hear my voice fine but what i am trying to stop is the sound of my livingroom in the background unless i am pressing a button. any ideas.

carlmmii

That's what push-to-talk does. Go to Settings -> Audio, and for the section beneath where it has hotkeys, enable Push-to-talk for your mic, and set the key you want to use.

argyllandy

this is my settings, is this correct ?

Attachments

• obs sound 2.jpg
    obs sound 2.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 32
  • obs sound 1.jpg
    obs sound 1.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 31

carlmmii

You have a second mic/aux device set. Why?

Other than that, yes, it looks correct. The only other thing you need to do is go to your Hotkeys page in settings, and actually set the key you want to use for PTT.

argyllandy

Other than that, yes, it looks correct. The only other thing you need to do is go to your Hotkeys page in settings, and actually set the key you want to use for PTT.
yeah i thought that and changed it, all sorted now thankyou for your help

argyllandy

got 1 more problem i hope you can help with how do i sort not seeing the whole picture when recording. screen shot of a videa attached

Attachments

• ets2 small.jpg
    ets2 small.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 23