Help! Sound goes quieter and tinnier when OBS is open. I'm wanting to stream to Mixcloud

UKMSc

I've attached a log :-)

The sound quality is horrendous with OBS streaming software open.

I'm currently listening to someone elses Mixcloud recording and because OBS is open it sounds just as bad as when I'm streaming.

Can anyone please tell me what settings may be the best ones? I would really appreciate it.

Ta

Attachments

• 2023-11-18 10-13-05.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 7

UKMSc

Just an update, It only appears to delay now when I press "stream" I'm convinced it is the settings. Attached most recent log again.

I cannot use OBS to stream, there is a massive echo delay in my ear after a track has stopped playing.

Attachments

• 2023-11-18 12-59-52.txt
    13 KB · Views: 4

AaronD

Bluetooth? BT has two audio modes:
  • High-quality speaker only, or headphones
  • Low-quality speaker + mic, or headset
If you have the mic configured *anywhere* in the entire system (not just OBS), it switches to that mode, which kills the playback quality.

---

For the echo, the most common cause is that you're sending OBS's Monitor to a particular device, and Desktop Capturing or Audio Output Capturing that same device. The capture point is the last possible thing before the signal leaves the physical box, and so it includes absolutely EVERYTHING that the device does, with a pedantic definition of "everything". Apps, system sounds, OBS's own Monitor, it really is *everything*!

So if you use the same device for both Monitor and Capture, you get a second copy in that Capture, of whatever you Monitor. The solution is to not Monitor those things, or not use one of the copies, or use a different device for each of those functions.