Help! Obs crash when I call ResetVideo()

xiayezi

I want to update the video resolution(from 1280x720 to 720x1280) in the middle of streaming, so I call:
  1. obs_output_stop()
  2. ObsBase->ResetVideo()
  3. obs_output_start()
But it crashes.
1692081930259.png

Fenrir

Forum Admin
This looks to be caused by some kind of third party plugin. Why have you obfuscated the call stack? That makes it impossible for us to troubleshoot.

AaronD

I don't have a solution, but I *am* curious: why are you changing orientations mid-stream? How is that supposed to work for the viewers, as opposed to letterboxing? Are they supposed to watch on a phone or tablet and turn it? What about those who have fixed displays, like computers and TV's?

Are all of the playback systems even stable with that kind of a change? Or are some of your viewers going to crash at that point, like you found out for you?

xiayezi

This looks to be caused by some kind of third party plugin. Why have you obfuscated the call stack? That makes it impossible for us to troubleshoot.
We re-developed it for the live broadcast app, and developed an output plugin, but it is private, and the code cannot be public. How do you know that there is a problem with the plug-in?
I found the point of the crash, but not the cause of the crash, the stack is corrupted.

1693131872256.png

xiayezi

I don't have a solution, but I *am* curious: why are you changing orientations mid-stream? How is that supposed to work for the viewers, as opposed to letterboxing? Are they supposed to watch on a phone or tablet and turn it? What about those who have fixed displays, like computers and TV's?

Are all of the playback systems even stable with that kind of a change? Or are some of your viewers going to crash at that point, like you found out for you?
I'm developing a live broadcast app's Link-Mic function. When accepting other people's Link-Mic during the live broadcast, I need to adjust the video resolution

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Plugins for OBS, and modifications for OBS, cannot be closed source. If you are linking with OBS to make a plugin, your plugin is subject to the terms of the GPLv2 that OBS is licensed under, as are any changes you're making to OBS itself

If you are distributing this version/plugin, you are in violation of our license. You must either publish source, or cease development/distribution of this plugin/changes. Either way, without being able to see the custom code changes, there is not much we can do to support this issue.

Last edited:

Fenrir

Forum Admin
We've confirmed based on the information provided that this is likely the Nimo TV fork of OBS.

If you push the updates to the repo (which is currently 3 years out of date, and should be updated to current), per the requirements of the OBS GPL license, we can take a closer look.

xiayezi

Plugins for OBS, and modifications for OBS, cannot be closed source. If you are linking with OBS to make a plugin, your plugin is subject to the terms of the GPLv2 that OBS is licensed under, as are any changes you're making to OBS itself

If you are distributing this version/plugin, you are in violation of our license. You must either publish source, or cease development/distribution of this plugin/changes. Either way, without being able to see the custom code changes, there is not much we can do to support this issue.
I mean the version that is currently under development and has not yet reached the online stage, so can't public it.

xiayezi

We've confirmed based on the information provided that this is likely the Nimo TV fork of OBS.

If you push the updates to the repo (which is currently 3 years out of date, and should be updated to current), per the requirements of the OBS GPL license, we can take a closer look.
Yes, it based on the nimo-tv, we will eventually push the code to github as well