Help! Obs cannot stream and record at the same time [MacOS 13.6.5]

AllenChillax

I'm using M1 Pro Macbook Pro, MacOS 13.6.5 Ventura and OBS 30.0.2.

When I only record my screen or only stream to the Internet, there's no problem. But when I do them at the same time, the streaming and recording result become pretty laggy and it's totally unwatchable, like it's 1 fps...

Here's my video settings, I set 1620p for some reason, it works well while I am only recording or only streaming:
1716022884388.png

Here's my output streaming settings:
1716023024862.png

Here's my output recording settings:
1716023093529.png

And I also attach my log file.

Any help will be appreciated, thank you in advance!

Attachments

• log.txt
    14 KB · Views: 6

Banda_Streaming

Check your device's temperature.Also note that M1 is not enough for streaming with a capture device and web camera. M1 does not recommend streaming or recording.

AllenChillax

I figured out it's encoder overloaded that caused the problem, and I changed recording/streaming fps from 60 to 30 then it worked well while recording and streaming at the same time.

Hope this can help.

Banda_Streaming

I figured out it's encoder overloaded that caused the problem, and I changed recording/streaming fps from 60 to 30 then it worked well while recording and streaming at the same time.

Hope this can help.
Yes, because it directly involves processing power.My Mac has 16GB of RAM.but it didn't make any sense.I noticed that when we add heavy plugins or resources with advanced things, try to go live or rec with simple resources if that's okay with your requirements.