Question / Help GPU below 30% sutters every 5 sec

diidak1894

Hello everyone, as the title indicates I have problems recording in all possible configurations. My hardware is.

Ryzen 5 3600x
GTX 1080
Ram16gb 3200mhz
1 TB SSD
1440P monitor 144hz limited to 60 with rivatuner msi afterburner

Things I have tested.
Change the native resolution to 1080p,
rescale it from 1440p to 1080,
record 1440p.
CBR 6000 (1080p) 8000,10000,12000 (1440p)
VBR 40000-60000
bilinear, lanczos.
CRF 18,19,20,21,22,23
fps key 0-2-5
profile medium, fast, veryfast.
both new nvenc and older look-ahead on-off ... all possible options in my opinion

I tested this playing outlast, yes, a light game, with gpu usage under 30% at 1440p, cpu usage its like 12% usage.
i tried x264 too, at ultrafast stays at 60% load but its the same, pixels loss in quick actions and sutters.
What im doing wrong?
I think my pc is capable of doing this, at least at 1080p
thanks all.

FerretBomb

Please post a logfile from a streaming/recording session where the issue was taking place.

You list a 1440p144 monitor; is that your only one? Windows has an issue with multiple monitors running at different refresh rates; there's a fix coming in the 2004 update later this year, thankfully.

MSI Afterburner is also known to cause problems with OBS in some cases; I'm not sure how it 'limits' the monitor refresh, but a better idea would be to go into the nVidia control panel or Windows display options and just set the monitor to run at 60hz... if Afterburner is driving the monitor at 144 but 'emulating' a 60hz cap, that could absolutely cause problems.

diidak1894

Please post a logfile from a streaming/recording session where the issue was taking place.

You list a 1440p144 monitor; is that your only one? Windows has an issue with multiple monitors running at different refresh rates; there's a fix coming in the 2004 update later this year, thankfully.

MSI Afterburner is also known to cause problems with OBS in some cases; I'm not sure how it 'limits' the monitor refresh, but a better idea would be to go into the nVidia control panel or Windows display options and just set the monitor to run at 60hz... if Afterburner is driving the monitor at 144 but 'emulating' a 60hz cap, that could absolutely cause problems.

yes im using just 1 monitor, and are capped to 60 fps with woth nvidia and rivatuner

FerretBomb

Generally easier to just use the 'upload current log file' from the Help menu, and post the URL it gives you here. The pasted log portion is incomplete, and has been visibly edited from the default output.
One immediate issue, you've set the color range to Full; unless you have a true-full production workflow, this should always be set to Partial... it can cause several issues otherwise.

diidak1894

Generally easier to just use the 'upload current log file' from the Help menu, and post the URL it gives you here. The pasted log portion is incomplete, and has been visibly edited from the default output.
One immediate issue, you've set the color range to Full; unless you have a true-full production workflow, this should always be set to Partial... it can cause several issues otherwise.

10 min ago
https://obsproject.com/logs/f29bdtKgAeOxhQvq more accion 1 ago
sorry didnt know how, ty
by the way it is not lag, I would not know how to explain it ... it is as if every 20 seconds in the recording a few frames were superimposed, it is not as when you do not have vsinc, it is as if some frames that do not match or are poorly arranged are reproduced

Last edited: