Ghosting/Pixelation

jp-livecontrol

I am experiencing this ghosting / pixelation as seen in the image below. This happens in OBS, using an RTSP stream on a dedicated gigabit network. When I check VLC using the same RTSP URL and the camera "preview" on the camera's own webpage, we do not see the same issue. The camera bitrate has been set to as low as 2500 and as high as 8192. Sometimes restarting OBS temporarily solves the issue. I am looking for a permanent solution if anyone can suggest something. Thanks!

1603757236886.png

revsrtaylor

I have the same problem! But I have found another solution. I have several scenes that each use the same camera - rstp connection to the media source in the scene. Sometimes when switching scenes, this media source will show some pixelation but also a big difference in the audio/video sync. If I open that media source and click 'OK', it will come back to the normal offset but - I have to do this re-set on the media source everytime. An additional piece of info is that this seemed to happen after the last software upgrades. When we started using OBS for streaming, it was version 26.0. I wonder if the software upgrades somehow altered the rtsp performance.

D

Deleted member 121471

jp-livecontrol

We have several identical setups of OBS running on the same computer with the same specs, and this issue only happens on some of them. Attached are log files from two different systems that encountered the issue. The log file is from the time at which the issue occurred. And as I mentioned, it only happens in OBS, not in VLC with the same RTSP stream loaded, and not in the preview on the camera webpage itself.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2020-10-25 09-32-14.txt
    13.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 2020-10-27 14-35-17.txt
    14.1 KB · Views: 38

jp-livecontrol

One update to the symptoms. In VLC, when I DISABLE the "Use RTP over RTSP (TCP)" setting, the smearing/ghosting/pixelation appears. When I check that box, it goes away. I don't seem to be able to find a way to tell OBS to use TCP instead of UDP the same way I can tell VLC to.

revsrtaylor

Here are two logs from yesterday. The first one was a short initial setup and it exhibited the delay in the rTSP feed. The second log is the whole worship service. The problem with the video happens at the beginning but so long as I re-okay the media source, it goes away.