Question / Help Getting Started...

I hope I've done this correctly.

I don;t see that the .txt file loaded.

I clicked the Upload File tab, then browsed to where I saved the log life and clicked Open and there were 3 black progress bars going across the page up top but I never saw that it loaded.

Thank you for all your kind help.

Attachments

• 2017-04-30 14-05-25.txt
    16 KB · Views: 19
What are the minimum specs to run OBS Studio on a Windows 7 (32 bit) laptop?

Just by example …

Minimum CPU speed ?
Minimum RAM ?
Minimum hard drive space ?
Direct X – certain version?
Other hardware or software specs needed?

Can OBS Studio be run with onboard memory or must you have a separate graphic card?

If so, what are the minimum specs for the graphic card needed?

Thank you.

Suslik V

@jeff haskell Minimum specs only needed to run OBS Studio, otherwise it refuses to start. You have hardware feature level D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_10_0 and this is OK - you can run OBS Studio. From the log file - you just have problems with your video card (maybe driver issue). And this PC is too weak for recording/streaming. For HD recordings suitable system i7-4770K CPU + GTX980 GPU or similar.

OBS Studio uses hardware acceleration of Direct3D (from v10.1) or OpenGL (from v3.2). Without hardware acceleration it refuses to start. OBS Studio uses hardware acceleration and shaders of the installed video card to transform and combine sources, to render and filter output.

Last edited:
What makes laptops with Nvidia more expensive?

2 HP laptops at Costco with the same specs except for one laptop having Nvidia is $200 more.

Can I run OBS with Core i5 CPU, Nvidia GTX 1050, 1920 x 1080 screen and 4 GB of RAM?

Thank you.

Hi EBrito,
I've reached the point where OutPut Mode appears and under Recording > Recording Quality the defualt settign is Stream but there's a warning that the recording can't be paused if Stream is the setting. So, waht tis the rfecommend settign is not Stream?

Also, once that Setting is set it seems the next step is to then launch my browser, start playing the video on that site (not YT) and then re-access OBS (in the reduced screen so I can sere bothe thre website vidoe and thjen OBS screen and then Press Start Recording in OBS and emalrge the browser screen so the scren is full of the online vidoe?

Thank you.