Getting DV Camera and VCR input working

VVinfield

Hello, I'm trying to use a MiniDV camera, specifically a Sony HC-30 as a webcam connected Via firewire PCIe card and use it as a video capture device OBS Studio. Discord, Zoom, Teams etc all recognize the camera as a Windows DV Camera and VCR input and it works just fine. However OBS doesn't seem to like the input. I searched the forums and reddit and the only way people have gotten it to work is through VLC camera capture and recording that window, but this was also from around 2016 or so. This adds way too much delay to be usable as a webcam. Is there any magic I'm missing here? Drivers or something I've overlooked?

Thanks!

Most recent log:

VVinfield

If you open the Device Manager, does it show under Cameras?
Yep! Shows up under device manager and the video feed works perfectly in Discord, Teams, Google Meet, etc. Only OBS doesn't recognize it and makes a 1x1 pixel little error thing in the corner of my frame.

VVinfield

Does it show up in the Device list when you try to add a new Video Capture Device? If so, the resolution and FPS may not be correct and you may have to manually set them. Looks like the resolution should be 640 × 480.
Yeah it shows up as Windows DV Camera and VCR, the same listing as the other apps that allow it to work. Custom resolution doesn't fix it either, it still appears as a 1x1 pixel on the frame

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-09 005419.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-09 005419.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 8