Get full control of OBS remotely (Add and remove Items on Screen remotely)

OldDirtDust

Hi everyone! I Just started to learn how to create different things for OBS, so I was thinking if it's possible to use something to control items position and size in real time remotely.
Are there any resources, like with obs-websocket, that allow me to program something like that? Like a visual interface that can show me remotely the current OBS screen and allow me to move, resize, remove and add items (an image source for example) in the Sources. If it's not possible with obs-websocket, are there any possible way to do this? Like having almost full control of OBS remotely in a second computer.

Sorry if my English is bad, it's not my main language.

AaronD

If you really want full control for real, and not a nickel-and-dime subset, then you might look at VNC. It has nothing to do with OBS, but allows you to operate *the computer* remotely, as if you were sitting next to it. Other apps don't know the difference.

Install a VNC server (lots to choose from) on the machine you want to control, and a VNC client (again, lots to choose from) on the machine that you'll have with you. There are even a few clients that run on a phone, though that gets to be a little bit clunky in my experience. Still better than nothing if you really need it.

VNC is designed to work on a local network, but if you add a VPN to essentially get yourself onto a local network from across the internet, then VNC works through that VPN too. When I was an industrial controls engineer, we would do that with our clients instead of flying to their site, and yes, we could control their plant from our office if we needed to. Really freaked some operators out, to see the mouse moving on its own!