Game stutters with OBS open

c0hen

Hello,

So I recently got updated internet so I can finally start streaming, and my main game is CSGO. So I got OBS and opened it up, made a window capture because CSGO won't allow you to do a game capture.

Just having OBS open on my second monitor I get instant game stuttering until I close OBS. The samething happens when I'm watching a youtube video and playing CSGO at the same time.

My setup specs are:
Monitors:
2x Benq IPS 24"
1x Asus Predator 24" 280hz

PC:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5800x
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3060ti
Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi
RAM: Corsair Vengence 32gb RBG
Storage: Samsung 980 EVO PCIE 4.0 1TB m.2, Samsung 980 EVO 3.0 2tb m.2
PSU: Corsair RM1000x 1000w

I have went through this forum and googled so much and can't seem to find anything where anyone else experiences the same issues. I know my PC is more than capable of doing both at the same time, I just want to fix the game stutter.

Side note: I have turned off all microsoft game DVR stuff, run OBS is admin mode, turned down the refresh rate on my monitor, capped my FPS in game, did a test scene collection.

Here is my log file:

qhobbes

"turned down the refresh rate on my monitor"
15:25:35.324: refresh=240

Enable "Game Mode" be or maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode.

Your log contains no streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS.
2) Start your stream for at least 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link here.

Does this happen if you disconnect your Asus and only use the 2 BenQs?

c0hen

"turned down the refresh rate on my monitor"
15:25:35.324: refresh=240

Enable "Game Mode" be or maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode.

Your log contains no streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS.
2) Start your stream for at least 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link here.

Does this happen if you disconnect your Asus and only use the 2 BenQs?
That is what that log file is from, from a 30 second streaming session. It is not stuttering on stream but it is stuttering in game, I have a 280hz monitor, and i turned it down to 240.

c0hen

So after further analysis, it's only CSGO that this happens with. I can play rust with no stuttering issues at all.