crazycatmyri

I'm using obs 29.1.3. My recorded game sound (Jurassic World Evolution 2) distorts and noises a lot. Not consistently throughout the entire recording, but it comes and goes in waves during a single recording. In between those distorted sections, the sound is fine.

No matter if I record it as desktop audio, output audio or application audio capture (Beta). If I record both my voice and the game's sound as desktop audio, they're both distorted. But usually I record my voice via microphone/AUX-Audio and it is unaffected by the problem if I do so.

Right now, I have Desktop Audio deactivated in the audio settings and am recording my game sound via "application audio capture (Beta)", because I hoped that would do a difference from the "audio output" source, but it doesn't.

Does anyone know what the problem might be and how to fix it?

Suslik V

Application Audio Capture (Beta) is not the best choice here because of this:
original issue:

Desktop sounds (Audio Output Capture source of OBS) usually not affected by the issue. thus preferable source of capture in OBS.

crazycatmyri

Application Audio Capture (Beta) is not the best choice here because of this:
original issue:

Desktop sounds (Audio Output Capture source of OBS) usually not affected by the issue. thus preferable source of capture in OBS.
Thanks so much, I'll not use Application Audio Capture until it's fixed, then. But it occurs no matter which source I use to record my game sound. I just tried them all in hopes to find one where it doesn't. It's frustrating because I don't hear it while playing, but the footage audio turns out ruined.

Suslik V

The log says that you are using Application Audio Capture (Beta) (wasapi_process_output_capture), so as it was mentioned above, follow the steps from this post (it may help developers to find out where bug is):