Game running smoothly but obs video lagging.

ArseneY

so i wanna be able to record my gameplays in 1080 60fps 12mbps. i can do it at 30fps just fine but i want 60, problem is: with demanding games like ''nier:automata'', the video gets laggy, probably because of high gpu usage, this'd be fine if it wasn't for the fact that the game is running smoothly at 60 fps, so i never get to know whether or not my video is being recorded properly, and that's a problem. is there a way i can make it so the game will loose fps instead of obs? this way i can simply reduce graphics and stuff when needed, affecting only the game im playing while obs is running smoothly. i've tried running obs as admin, turning off w11's gamemode, setting recording profile to high and stuff but still no sucess. btw, my gpu is a rx570(which is going to be replaced by a 5700xt in a couple of days, ik the new gpu will solve it for games like nier, but i don't wan't this happening in the future with even more demanding games). i never thought gpu would prioritize the game instead of the recordings, that doesn't make sense for me. here's the log:
thanks guys.

Attachments

• 2023-05-15 02-43-14.txt
    18 KB · Views: 56

Harold

Don't use scaling in settings - output. Turn the rescale output option OFF there.
Do your scaling in settings - video.

ArseneY

still lag, plus im getting encoder error while recording now:

Attachments

• 2023-05-15 16-28-17.txt
    10.9 KB · Views: 49