FYI: macOS Virtual Cam on OBS 26.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisallen8888

Hi. I've been using the Terminal "remove signature" command for a long time, and it's always worked.

Just updated Discord today to Stable 119446 (8c59599) on my M1 13" MBP. Usually these updates force us to "remove signature" again. However, this time Discord just won't open at all, and sometimes the Mac says the application is damaged.

Can anyone else confirm that the latest Discord Stable update has broken the "codesign remove signature" command workaround for OBS Virtual Camera?

infoXczar

Hey, I think I got it working! I was using this post about Discord Canary as a template: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-virtual-cam-to-discord.133437/post-555299

So these were the two commands I used for current stable Discord:

codesign --remove-signature /Applications/Discord.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Helper\ \(Renderer\).app
codesign -s - /Applications/Discord.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Helper\ \(Renderer\).app

Discord then launches properly, and OBS Virtual Camera once again shows up in my Voice & Video preferences.

chrisallen8888

Hey, I think I got it working! I was using this post about Discord Canary as a template: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-virtual-cam-to-discord.133437/post-555299

So these were the two commands I used for current stable Discord:

codesign --remove-signature /Applications/Discord.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Helper\ \(Renderer\).app
codesign -s - /Applications/Discord.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Helper\ \(Renderer\).app

Discord then launches properly, and OBS Virtual Camera once again shows up in my Voice & Video preferences.
OMG THANK YOU!

i just tried it and it worked. i'll see if it continues to work as well.

no "sudo" needed huh... anyway, thank you!

chrisallen8888

OMG THANK YOU!

i just tried it and it worked. i'll see if it continues to work as well.

no "sudo" needed huh... anyway, thank you!
after trying things on several macs, i think what makes it work is not using "sudo".

using Canary, i used the info from the linked thread above. on my main computer, i tried without sudo by chance, and it worked. on my 2nd computer, i put sudo, and it did NOT work (app wouldn't open at all).

i deleted and reinstalled Canary, then tried Terminal again without sudo (both commands) and it worked.

only 2 points of data, but that did it for me.

now i'm wondering if just the first "codesign remove" command works on its own without sudo.... well regardless i have it set for now.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
I'm going to lock this thread as it has turned into a "general macOS virtual cam" thread, which was not the intent. The intent was to make sure people were able to properly update from the old johnboiles plugin to the new official functionality. If you are having issues with the virtual cam, please create a new thread about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.