OBS Virtual Cam to Discord

danielharris02

I'm running OBS 26.0.2 (64bit) on macOS Mojave 10.14.2.
I'm running the latest version of Discord.

The new Start Virtual Camera button hasn't displayed below Start Streaming & Recording, but it has shown up under Tools > Start Virtual Camera. This may have been the OBS-VirtualCam MAC I installed.

My goal is to Livestream a Logic Session onto Discord for my band members. However, when I go onto Discord the OBS Virtual Camera does not display under Video Settings > Camera.

I've been able to successfully use the Virtual Camera on Zoom.

Would anyone be able to pinpoint what my problem might be? Thanks in advance.

mommocmoc

I have the same issue.
On Discord, there's no virtual cam on Mac OS(I checked on Windows, there's a virtual cam.)
Is there anyone who solve this?

dpflug

Same issue. Discord not showing OBS virtual cam as an option. Running OBS 26.1.0 64 bit & Mojave 10.14.6. This would solve a lot when it comes to Logic and Discord streaming.

mommocmoc

Please read https://github.com/johnboiles/obs-mac-virtualcam/wiki/Compatibility and https://github.com/johnboiles/obs-mac-virtualcam/issues/4. You can also find log messages about why the DAL plugin gets rejected in Console.app logs (or run the application from Terminal).
I solve the problem from that link.

Try this on Terminal.app and restart discord.
Code:
sudo codesign --remove-signature /Applications/Discord.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Helper\ \(GPU\).app /Applications/Discord.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Helper\ \(Plugin\).app /Applications/Discord.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Helper\ \(Renderer\).app /Applications/Discord.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Helper.app
스크린샷 2020-12-26 오후 12.37.17.jpg

vitsca

HI .. thanks for the suggestions but was not able to work around the problem. Virtual cam works for Teams, Zoom but with discord 0.0.261, OBS 26.1.2 and Mac OSX Bug Sur (11.1), it is not working: it shows a blank screen ..
Thanks for any further indication.. in advance!

Sharkspurr

I, too, just made an account here so that I could spew forth thanks on getting this issue fixed. I'm ... giddy ... now. OBS --> Discord Paaaarrrrtttaaaay!

RedHenMedia

Yes! totally worked. Big Sur 11.2.1 with newest OBS / Discord. Note: You do have to have Xcode installed or the command won't work. If you don't have it you can download either from the app store or command line <- Not sure if this was mentioned yet.

Franz Musca

Code:
sudo codesign --remove-signature /Applications/Discord.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Helper\ \(GPU\).app /Applications/Discord.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Helper\ \(Plugin\).app /Applications/Discord.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Helper\ \(Renderer\).app /Applications/Discord.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Helper.app

-------

Hi Mommocmoc,

Thanks for the tip. I entered the command in the Terminal, but when I hit the Enter key, it's then showing me: "Password: (with the symbol of a key)". I'm running StreamLabs OBS 0.27.1 virtual webcam.

Anyway, it's not appearing in Discord so I wondered what is that "password: (KEY)". Do I have to enter my main password cuz I'm not able to type anything in the terminal after your command. Sorry I'm not used to the Terminal.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Capture d’écran, le 2021-02-18 à 00.15.45.png
    Capture d’écran, le 2021-02-18 à 00.15.45.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 1,828

KeeperOfMaps

I just want to say thank you very much for posting the trick about the code sign --remove-signature. It has made all of the virtual cameras (OBS and Snapcam) visible to Discord. :)

TheShadowG

Code:
View attachment 65034

Hi, this worked for me, there a way to do this on other programs like safari or zoom?

trancenebula

nice ! going to try this soon. hope it works. i can use it fine in discord through the webpage. it’s just the app that doesn’t show the virtual camera.

BenMitchell

Does anyone know how to get this to work with Discord Canary? Currently only the canary build is built to run natively on M1. It has a load of performance advantages.

I am using OBS compiled for M1 as well as Discord Canary.

But when I unsign the Discord Canary Helper (GPU).app, Discord will refuse to launch:

Rich (BB code):
benmitchell@Scylla ~ % /Applications/Discord\ Canary.app/Contents/MacOS/Discord\ Canary                                                       
DiscordCanary 0.0.279
Starting app.
Starting updater.
[Modules] Modules initializing
[Modules] Distribution: remote
[Modules] Host updates: enabled
[Modules] Module updates: enabled
[Modules] Module install path: /Users/benmitchell/Library/Application Support/discordcanary/0.0.279/modules
[Modules] Module installed file path: /Users/benmitchell/Library/Application Support/discordcanary/0.0.279/modules/installed.json
[Modules] Module download path: /Users/benmitchell/Library/Application Support/discordcanary/0.0.279/modules/pending
Jan  3 17:54:37  Discord Canary[5405] <Error>: write failed: Broken pipe
Jan  3 17:54:37  Discord Canary[5405] <Error>: SeatbeltExecClient: write buffer length failed.
Jan  3 17:54:37  Discord Canary[5405] <Error>: SeatbeltExecClient: Writing the serialized profile failed.
Jan  3 17:54:37  Discord Canary[5405] <Error>: SeatbeltExecClient: write buffer failed.
Jan  3 17:54:37  Discord Canary[5405] <Error>: SeatbeltExecClient: Writing the serialized profile failed.
[5405:0103/175437.194720:FATAL:gpu_data_manager_impl_private.cc(415)] GPU process isn't usable. Goodbye.
zsh: trace trap  /Applications/Discord\ Canary.app/Contents/MacOS/Discord\ Canary

BenMitchell

Does anyone know how to get this to work with Discord Canary? Currently only the canary build is built to run natively on M1. It has a load of performance advantages.

I am using OBS compiled for M1 as well as Discord Canary.

But when I unsign the Discord Canary Helper (GPU).app, Discord will refuse to launch:

Rich (BB code):
benmitchell@Scylla ~ % /Applications/Discord\ Canary.app/Contents/MacOS/Discord\ Canary                                                      
DiscordCanary 0.0.279
Starting app.
Starting updater.
[Modules] Modules initializing
[Modules] Distribution: remote
[Modules] Host updates: enabled
[Modules] Module updates: enabled
[Modules] Module install path: /Users/benmitchell/Library/Application Support/discordcanary/0.0.279/modules
[Modules] Module installed file path: /Users/benmitchell/Library/Application Support/discordcanary/0.0.279/modules/installed.json
[Modules] Module download path: /Users/benmitchell/Library/Application Support/discordcanary/0.0.279/modules/pending
Jan  3 17:54:37  Discord Canary[5405] <Error>: SeatbeltExecClient: write buffer length failed.
Jan  3 17:54:37  Discord Canary[5405] <Error>: SeatbeltExecClient: write buffer failed.
[5405:0103/175437.194720:FATAL:gpu_data_manager_impl_private.cc(415)] GPU process isn't usable. Goodbye.
zsh: trace trap  /Applications/Discord\ Canary.app/Contents/MacOS/Discord\ Canary

Edit:

Discord canary requires a signature, but It doesn't matter if it is valid. Doing this solved my issue.

Firstly, revert back to the default discord canary, download it from discord and do not modify it.
Secondly, open it, sign in and use it. Once you're logged in and everything then quit it and open terminal and run:

Bash:
sudo codesign --remove-signature /Applications/Discord\ Canary.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Canary\ Helper\ \(Renderer\).app

sudo codesign -s - /Applications/Discord\ Canary.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Canary\ Helper\ \(Renderer\).app