FullScreen Projector Resolution

xkyash

1617939416888.png

How do I configure the resolution to 1920x1080p instead of 1280x720p? Both my laptop and external display has a resolution of 1920x1080p. Thank U

Stevoisiak

It will be in the settings. I won't give you a step by step tutorial,
This can be easily found out with a google search. I recommend watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FNH6QY8x5I
Start at 2:13 - It is the first thing he talks about
The video talks about changing recording resolution, but I didn't see mention of preview resolution. Additionally, this thread *was* the first result on Google for this topic.

Suslik V

@Stevoisiak to close this gap for the search engines - OBS can't force the FullScreen Projector resolution for the device. The only valid resolution - is resolution currently applied for the display device in the OS. Thus, you can get other resolutions for the FullScreen Projector only by changing the resolution of the display device in the OS itself.

Last edited:

bilco

I am having the same issue. I have changed the capture card's resolution in the nvidia control panel from 4k to 1080p for the PC i am trying to project to. No matter what, the resolution is coming up as 720p for the full screen projector. Anyone have a fix for this?

Clarification: the capture card is on the other PC but i changed the resolution for it on the PC i am trying to send the full screen preview too.

bilco

It looks like this might have to do with Windows 11(maybe 10) and the scaling option for the capture card on the gaming PC you are trying to project from. When I went in and messed around with the resolution, I was eventually able to get it off of 720p and project to 4k by messing with the scaling options and putting it to 100%. It seems other percentages screws it up and also makes the projection look blurry as hell on top of that.

I went and set a custom scaling and it seems to work. Hope this helps someone.