Freeze Filter

Freeze Filter 0.3.3

McBluePower

Hello, i'm using a greenscreen with my webcam, on a scene i would like to freeze my webcam so i made it, but with the greenscreen, the webcam is freezing but it's like i have a second webcam shown behind, but if i don't use my greenscreen, it works, do you have an idea ? Thank you

CrasherHS

@Exeldro really like the plug-in - but I do have the issue that everytime I launch OBS the Freeze Filter on my cam is active - even when i disable the filter before I close OBS - any idea why?

CrasherHS

No OBS does close without any crashes and it does not only happen once, is just everytime - other filters do not have this behaivour

stukajoe

Exeldro. I love the Freeze filter. I used it to freeze an image, move a board game piece and unfreeze the image to create the illusion of the game piece moving by itself, using the Fade In/Out effect that came originally with the filter's settings. I recently re-installed OBS and discovered that the Fade In/Fade Out setting is gone. The Freeze filter now only makes a Cut transition when it unfreezes the frozen image. Is there a way to add a Fade In/Fade Out effect between the frozen and unfrozen image?

Last edited:

stukajoe

I managed to get what I wanted by creating two scenes, one frozen and the other, unfrozen, applying a fade transition when changing to the unfrozen scene. Works great!

brokenairplane

The newest version does not appear to include the setting for number of frames or freeze mode as displayed in the demo video (3:08). I'm using a Mac. Is it possible to get an older version or can these settings be brought back?

brokenairplane

Thank you. I've really benefitted from this. I've tried to figure out when the filter is active without stepping into the frozen area. It would be helpful to see some indication in OBS or even a subtle indicator in the screen that one would only would know if they were looking for it.

ForgivenJohn316

@CrasherHS is there maybe a crash during shutdown that prevents the state being saved correctly?
Hey Exeldro, I recently reinstalled my OBS and after installing the Freeze filter, I get an OBS crash log after closing OBS. I noticed you mentioned a crash during shutdown, so has this happened before and if so is there a solution to fix the crash that you are aware of?
Thanks again for all the awesome work!

GeeMack

Just installed OBS-Studio-27.2-beta1-Full-Installer-x64.exe (v 27.2 beta) on a Windows 10 machine. I have this Freeze Filter set to activate when I open one scene, then several seconds later when Advanced Scene Switcher changes to another scene, or if I manually change to another scene, at that point the OBS program crashes. Crash Log included below...

Attachments

• Crash 2021-12-30 12-22-55.txt
    150 KB · Views: 26

Exeldro

@GeeMack that looks like a bug in the beta unrelated to this plugin.
There are multiple developers looking into a problem in the beta that looks like the same problem.

GeeMack

@GeeMack that looks like a bug in the beta unrelated to this plugin.
There are multiple developers looking into a problem in the beta that looks like the same problem.

Thanks for checking. I figured the issue may be with the beta, but thought I'd mention it here just in case it was something that needed your attention.

TuecerPrime

After being forced to do a complete reinstall of OBS I can't for the life of me get this plugin to work on anything.

It shows up in the list of filters but whenever I set it to visible/active it just does nothing. Any thoughts?

I've done full reinstalled of the C++ pack as listed and used the Windows installer package.