Freeze Filter

Freeze Filter 0.3.3

kiDix

You probably saw it on Discord, but you didn't care... Previous versions are not correct, when I install version 0.2.0 what appears in OBS is the latest version.

sterlsterl

can i download a previous version? the new version doesn't work when i do it on a folder, only individual sources. it used to work on folders as well now it doesn't.

edit: nvm sorry it works now i just found out why

Last edited:

Murkedd

Is it possible to save freezes into an specified folder? Have an idea that utilizes the freeze filter into a snapshot (think polaroid) and allows me to view what viewers freeze.

GigaBiteYTT

Has anyone else been having trouble using the delays? Neither the start or end delay seem to do anything for me

Hi,
I watched Andi Lippi's tutorial on this and it seems he has "Frames" as one of the options for effects, but I do not on my Mac. I downloaded it today and I believe I have the most recent version. Is this function missing or maybe the Mac plugin is a bit different. The Mask function works though.

Thanks in advance,
Want To Learn

Hi all, love this filter but it doesn't seem to work on the M1 OBS build for macOS. I can run the old Intel build in emulation, but that's much slower. Any tricks to getting it working in the M1 build?

FTP

Quick questions as I can't find the Fade functionality.
Exeldro updated Freeze Filter with a new update entry:

Version 0.3.0

add fade
Whether I apply the filter to a source or a scene, the settings I have are only those ones...
1665044837416.png

It's much less than what Andilippi is showing in his video. I'm missing 4 settings (including Fade)...

1665045018353.png

1665045110367.png

I've tried to re-install the 0.3.2 but nothing changed.
Can it be an installation issue? Any way to fix it?

Or what is the changelog for the 0.3.2?
Were some functionalities removed?

Thanks for your help!

FTP

Ooops... looks like indeed, version 0.3.2 has withdrawn all those features :-/

If we compare \obs-plugins\freeze-filter\locale\en-US.ini version 0.3.1 with version 0.3.2, we have all those lines removed that match the missing features...
1665126058965.png

I also realized it has already been mentioned in the discussion...

But there was no answer on the issue and there's nothing in the changelog.
Any reason for withdrawing those cool features?
Is it bugs, safety issues or you plan to transfer them on another plug-in? Will they be back one day?
Awaiting, can we safely use the version 0.3.1 at the moment?

Last edited:

infoXczar

Is there anyone out there using this filter with the M1-native 28.0.3 on a Mac? It's not showing up in my list of filters and I'm uncertain whether I'm doing something wrong or if x86 filters simply don't work with the M1-native build. (Worked fine in x86 version via Rosetta)

simmobrah

Hi there @exceldro, having an issue where the freeze filter is just not turning up in my effects list. have updated to the latest c++ ( both 64 and 86) and scoured the internet for any fix but not luck. my obs version is 27.2.1 . have used the installer and manual drag method of installing plugin

danieljoseph

I'm having trouble getting this plug-in to appear on OBS 29.0.2 on Mac ARM. I tried using the ARM64 installer, but was given the error "The installer failed", so I used the universal build instead.
While this appeared to install correctly, the plug-in does not appear in my effects list at all. Nor can I see the plug-in installed in any location on my computer, including any reference to it in the OBS log.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? Something I might have done wrong? Or maybe you have success stories. Thanks!

jmarler

First of all, thank you for an awesome plugin! I've noticed that for some reason, the plugin will make itself visible on a source mirror after making the source mirror visible from making it not visible. Is there a way to disable this? I have to manually go in and make the freeze effect not visible every time I switch a source from not visible to visible.

Basically, I have the scene setup so that I have a hotkey to press that will freeze the source mirror and play an mp3. I press the hotkey again to unfreeze the source mirror. I also have hotkeys that switch the scene up to hide some sources, and show others. Whenever I hide a source that has a freeze filter on it that is disabled, when I show that source again, the freeze filter flips itself to visible and I have to manually go in and undo it. That's what I'm trying to fix.

jmarler

First of all, thank you for an awesome plugin! I've noticed that for some reason, the plugin will make itself visible on a source mirror after making the source mirror visible from making it not visible. Is there a way to disable this? I have to manually go in and make the freeze effect not visible every time I switch a source from not visible to visible.

Basically, I have the scene setup so that I have a hotkey to press that will freeze the source mirror and play an mp3. I press the hotkey again to unfreeze the source mirror. I also have hotkeys that switch the scene up to hide some sources, and show others. Whenever I hide a source that has a freeze filter on it that is disabled, when I show that source again, the freeze filter flips itself to visible and I have to manually go in and undo it. That's what I'm trying to fix.
I figured it out ... I misunderstood the "Action" section of the configuration of the filter. I thought that specified what action to do when the hotkey is activated, not when the parent is activated. I had set that to "Enable Freeze" for "Activate" which was causing the parent source to freeze when it was activated. Which is the correct behavior ... I just didn't understand that. The plugin is working as intended, I just didn't understand how that part of it worked. I forked the code, looked through it, and finally figured it out ...

I may have figured out why your windows builds in GitHub are failing. If this last build works, I'll send you a PR.