Free Stream Notifications (Twitch, Paypal, Patreon)

Free Free Stream Notifications (Twitch, Paypal, Patreon)

BobDev

BobDev submitted a new resource:

Free Stream Notifications (Twitch, Paypal, Patreon) - Free Stream Notifications (Twitch, Paypal, Patreon)

Hi I'm Bob and I was inspired by streamer that I watch to create free alternative for currently available stream notifications.
I cant post to tools and scripts category so I will post here, hopefully admins will forgive me:)

My web page - http://bobdev-fsnconcept.rhcloud.com/

What is it?

In general Free Stream Donations and Free Twitch Notifications is a set of tools running on your own PC enabling you to have live notifications (it should also work on linux and Macs -...

Read more about this resource...

Updates:

Sneak preview for new dashboard (Coming Soon!!!):
O44nhA1.png

New release 1.006: http://bobdev-fsnconcept.rhcloud.com/download

Changes:
[ HOWTO ] Added document with detailed step by step instruction for paypal
[ HOWTO ] Added detailed step by step instruction for paypal setup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebkhjafB6YU

New release 1.005:
Changes:
[ HTML ] Added "autologin", no need to press any button, app will redirect you to authentication or login page automatically
[ HTML ] Added viewerCount.html
[ HOWTO ] Discovered how to integrate twitch notification directly into CLR Browser Plugin, details in the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S_QXUCvKQI

New release 1.004:
Changes:
[ CSS/HTML ] Changed notification css to make it easier to change (create custom notifications)
[ FIX ] Changed how follower/sub notification handle chains of new followers/subs. Each new sub/follower will have separate notification.
[ NEW ] Added custom version I made for timetoownu
[ NEW ] Tutorial videos with live commentary - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP-KbZClo65eznlNou3TqAA

New release 1.001:
Changes:
[ PERF ] onload=test will now trigger only once, on load
[ FIX ] Fix for situation when data from twitch is corrupted
[ FIX ] Fix for skipping followers - now if there is more than one new follower it will be shown as list of followers
[ CSS ] Added code that enables word wrap if above happens, needs to be enabled(uncommented in code)
[ TXT ] Changed some comments in README file

Big thanks to http://www.twitch.tv/timetoownu for helping me find and solve those issues [/HTML]

Last edited:

etrnlwait

My only feedback so far is that when watching the tutorial videos I really missed a guiding voice.

If you were to use Notepad you could have just made a picture + text tutorial and it would have been more productive.

However, the app itself looks really promising. I will look into setting it up on my stream this week and will let you know how it goes. :)

Please for the love of god re-do the videos without the horrific music.
Are you trying to murder me?

- side note -

It looks nice.
The current speight of available tools (Subalert/Twitchnotify/streamalert) all have clunky and unwieldy animations.

Have you tried stress testing the application?
Can it cope with Sub/Follow/Donate trains?

Isegrim

This looks really nice.... but the music is creepy as hell.I was expecting a screamer tbh. Redo the videos and use some ocremix stuff as your background music for example.

BobDev

My only feedback so far is that when watching the tutorial videos I really missed a guiding voice.

If you were to use Notepad you could have just made a picture + text tutorial and it would have been more productive.

However, the app itself looks really promising. I will look into setting it up on my stream this week and will let you know how it goes. :)
Yes, I'm not confident enough in my english skills to do it but maybe I should consider doing that

BobDev

Please for the love of god re-do the videos without the horrific music.
Are you trying to murder me?

- side note -

It looks nice.
The current speight of available tools (Subalert/Twitchnotify/streamalert) all have clunky and unwieldy animations.

Have you tried stress testing the application?
Can it cope with Sub/Follow/Donate trains?

No I didnt, It was a quick side project so it is very simple, I myself dont stream so I have limited testing capabilities but I will try to figure something out and test it properly.
I will get back to you on that. Maybe I should do some kind of queuing to handle such scenario.

[EDIT]
One thing I can add is that sub/follower (hitbox and twitch) will always show latest follower/sub, so let say your interval is set to 30000 - 30s (30 seconds is default interval), in that time you've got 2 followers, once the interval will kick in and check will be made it will only get latest record - I probably should do some double checking to detect situation when that happens and queue those records - I will work on that. I think I can pool the number of followers/subs and make detection based on that, will see.

The same goes for paypal, but default interval is set to 500ms so it is rather impossible to miss someone. Also all donations are seen in detail in transactionLog.html so you can open that in some other window and have the detail you want.

As it is right now the animation will kick in once change is detected (it is checked every defined interval), it wont be interrupted but as you can see for followers and subs it might happen if people follow/sub to fast, that someone might be skipped - I will fix that.

I will try to fix those issues when I'm back from work but I'm working 10h and I need to eat so it might be late at night if not then tomorrow.

[EDIT2] I was wondering how to handle this and I implemented quick workaround, if there is more than one new sub/follower the notification will contain all of them like this - "nam1, name2, name3, name4 - Just followed!" if the line will be to long it will be cropped but you can enable some commented code in css so that too long lines wrap to next line - but then notification height will be dynamic, based on text length (commented lines - "d
isplay:table-cell;
vertical-align:middle;"
).

I will upload this after work.

[EDIT3] Done

Last edited:

BobDev

This looks really nice.... but the music is creepy as hell.I was expecting a screamer tbh. Redo the videos and use some ocremix stuff as your background music for example.

I know its creepy :)
I will consider that, maybe if more people will actually use those tools, maybe I will redo them all.

BTW I added Hitbox support, they dont have much in their API but I made follower notifications.
I also fixed some problems with patreon - it didnt handle the animation correctly when interval kicked in and new donation was found. So if you already have the files re-download it.

BobDev

One more thing I wanted to add, If you guys have any questions, problems with set-up, write me an email (link in my website) or just post here I will try to help and provide as much tips as I can.

Someone already asked me if he needs to use IP in paypal setup and if it is visible to the users.
[Answer] No you dont need to use IP, in fact if you have dynamic IP you should use service like dyn.com or duckdns or some free dns service which will replace your IP with DNS name that you can use in Paypal IPN setup.

Also one questions was: if I need to use browser plugin, because it crashes often.
[Answer] No you dont, you can open the html page in chrome and use obs region capture (or you can modify animation code so that it will work with firefox, by removing -webkit from the code or leaving it there but adding mozilla support).

Another question: If java ipnListener app is gathering any data and sending it to remote servers
[Answer] No it is not, it is a simple java client server application, that is "talking" to paypal, every transaction is stored in txt files or json files and the rest is ignored. Application does not forward any of that to server or remote place. If you dont believe me just de-compile the app and see for yourself - http://jd.benow.ca/.

Last edited:

TimeToOwnU

Great program and even better support. BobDev spent almost all weekend with me so i could figure this all out and have it ready for my stream today. Great guy and great program. I highly recommend this.

royeven

I dont understand the paypal button upload to host site? can i use webstorage and do it public? iff yes where must i put in the code in twitch panel and what kind off paypal button do i need to use so that viewers can see the paypal button? i cant upload the html file as a image on twitch? i dont get itt man itt is so confusing guide setup with notepad usage copy type delete copy type delete my eyes going vashing machine...

BobDev

I dont understand the paypal button upload to host site? can i use webstorage and do it public?
Paypal button on twitch is a image that points to html form (bunch of html code) that is usually located on some hosting service or you can use link provided by paypal itself - that link is then used in twitch panel.
In our case because we are creating custom paypal form (we have additional fields comment and twitch name) we need to create our own form and store it somewhere on the web and link to it in twitch panel.

You can use whatever you like for hosting the paypal form as long as you can link to it in twitch panel.

i cant upload the html file as a image on twitch?
twitch panel only accepts images, it is not the same as html code, the image on the panel is basically a link to the paypal form (where user puts twitch name and comment).

i dont get itt man itt is so confusing guide setup with notepad usage copy type delete copy type delete my eyes going vashing machine...
I started redo all my videos. I'm doing live commentary for all of them, I already started with twitch notifications, paypal is on my TODO list, I will try to do it tomorrow.

Write me a mail, link is on my website I can help you out with the set up

Last edited:

royeven

Ok sweet thanks for answer back :) yes i saw your first speech guide on youtube and it is perfect no worries with english i am bad too with english :) il send email

BobDev

royeven when you sending an email you actually need to put your email, otherwise I cant reply to it:)
To answer your questions:

From forum:
Installing plugins is as easy as copy/pasting the plugin files into the plugins folder of your OBS install.

32-bit plugins folder = C:\Program Files (x86)\OBS\plugins
64-bit plugins folder = C:\Program Files\OBS\plugins

All you need to do is put the DLL files and any folders that come with the plugin inside the correct directory according to the version of OBS that the plugin is compatible with.

Also, a plugin installer is currently being developed that should make the process of installing plugins easier, so hopefully this post will be moot in the future. :)

Make sure CLR files are copied into correct directory, also restart obs

CLR Browser Plugin old forum page - https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/browser-source-plugin-1-0-24-g30ce603-2013-5-21.3284/
CLR Browser Plugin new forum page - https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/clr-browser-source-plugin.22/

As I read it, apparently developer working on this did a lot of improvement - I dont have the new version but if you are installing it then you probably should use latest version.

New forum post has links and instructions what and how to install.
If you installed latest version then I think you need .NET 4.5.2 - at least that what mentioned forum says.

BobDev

BTW I dont know if you noticed but I added 3 new videos about Twitch Notifications with commentary.

First one is overall presentation and configuration, second one is about how to make custom notification and change animations and last one is how to integrate it to CLR Browser Plugin instead of using capture area feature (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S_QXUCvKQI)

One thing NO ONE EVER EXPLAINS though, is how the hell can I have the notification HIDDEN but not be a giant black box on my stream, nobody ever EVER explains how to hide it, only how to set it up.

BobDev

One thing NO ONE EVER EXPLAINS though, is how the hell can I have the notification HIDDEN but not be a giant black box on my stream, nobody ever EVER explains how to hide it, only how to set it up.
I dont know exactly about what are you talking about?
Which notification has black background?
The background should be transparent so set the source notification at the top or as global source and put something else beneath it and you are good to go.

If something is not transparent then just add "background-color: transparent:" to body or to parent class
I guess follower and sub notification parent css classes have red bg - so instead "red" write "transparent" there.
I only recently found out how to integrate it to obs so I left the bg color there because you can capture it both ways, using area capture or clr browser (if clr browser then you need to replace the bg with transparent).

Contact me via my web page or continue discussion here - I can help you out

BTW, I'm working on some major changes, I implemented dashboard - all configuration will be done there and single html code for all notifications with cool animations and custom design. I will probably have video about it today, it should be released next week.

BobDev

please add mac support dear developer.
Dear potential user - its already supported, everything in current version should work under MAC

I would wait abit with diving into this - I will have soon new version with very user friendly configuration wizard and dashboard.
In addition - transition screen with effects and cool looking notifications.