frames missed due to rendering lag no matter what i do?

rockbottom

Are your filters in place? Remove them, especially if you have one on the exhaust side. They reduce airflow plus you're not using high static fans that would help push/pull air through them.

rockbottom

Funny & it still failed....

Conclusion

If we had to select just one of the CPU coolers featured in this guide to slot into a gaming PC with an i9 13900K, then our top pick would be the MSI MEG CoreLiquid S360. As a 360mm, this cooler will be able to reduce the temperature of the 13900K during stressful workloads, which helps to keep the system running in optimal conditions. Plus, the silent fans will be less distracting when gaming and the IPS display is a great luxury that allows you to monitor temperatures in real time.

himmelsas

Funny & it still failed....

Conclusion

If we had to select just one of the CPU coolers featured in this guide to slot into a gaming PC with an i9 13900K, then our top pick would be the MSI MEG CoreLiquid S360. As a 360mm, this cooler will be able to reduce the temperature of the 13900K during stressful workloads, which helps to keep the system running in optimal conditions. Plus, the silent fans will be less distracting when gaming and the IPS display is a great luxury that allows you to monitor temperatures in real time.
Maybe the next build will have it, imma leave this as it is now because im DONE.

rockbottom

Like quiting a marathon in the 24th mile. At least it's cooling better & throttling less than when we started, still not perfect but it is what it is.

himmelsas

Like quiting a marathon in the 24th mile. At least it's cooling better & throttling less than when we started, still not perfect but it is what it is.
Thats true, guess ill have to order some new equipment including that cooler you recommended!

Last edited:

rockbottom

Take a look at the Galahad 2, that also has a slightly thicker rad (32 or 33mm). If you do go with the Arctic, get the 420, your case is perfect for it. The larger fans will be able to move more air at lower RPM & will be quiter. Might be possible to even OC with the 420.

rockbottom

Galahad 2 has 2 versions, look at the Performance Version.

Just noticed this in the specs. This will be tight, maybe too tight. I think your Corsair has 450mm tubing like the Arctics. If you don't have much play left over, the Galahad may be a non starter.

TUBE LENGTH385mm

Last edited:

himmelsas

If i upgrade iam getting rid of this case and going back to my lian li case. This time with 6x V2 fans and the meg coreliquid 360s you recommended and a completely new motherboard aswell.

According to that iam currently looking at the Z790 mpg Carbon wifi and the Z790 Tomahawk Wifi, is there any more difference between these to rather then the Gen5 m5 slot and the ramspeeds?

Last edited:

himmelsas

Here is a pic of my old build!
1691775354369.png

rockbottom

Don't get the Meg S360, remember all the coolers released before Gen 13, fail the CB stress test when combined with the 13900k. You NEED a new generation of cooler. The Arctics/Galahad 2 Performance fit the bill.

Pretty much all the Z790 boards perform at the same level. The higher end boards have more features. Buy based on your budget/feature needs.

Looks great, your case is nice & highly rated, it doesn't need to be replaced.

I like that case too, is that 011 Dynamic?

Last edited:

himmelsas

Don't get the Meg S360, remember all the coolers released before Gen 13, fail the CB stress test when combined with the 13900k. You NEED a new generation of cooler. The Arctics/Galahad 2 Performance fit the bill.

Pretty much all the Z790 boards perform at the same level. The higher end boards have more features. Buy based on your budget/feature needs.

Looks great, your case is nice & highly rated, it doesn't need to be replaced.

I like that case too, is that 011 Dynamic?
This reply made alot of sense and will save me alot of money. Thank you!
Yes it is!

Last edited:

rockbottom

Save some more money or at least wait to spend it. I found this in a thread over on Linus Tech Tips, scratch the Arctics off the list.

Since the Galahad 2 is just hitting the market, probably best to sit tight & wait for it to be tested.

I read the 13900k review from TechSpot (https://www.techspot.com/review/2552-intel-core-i9-13900k/) and they said: "We did try multiple high-end AIOs, even premium 420mm models and the results are the same."... "We also tried the massive Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420mm AIO in the hope that it could tame the 13900K... we think we almost made 20 seconds before hitting TjMAX, so needless to say, that didn't help."

himmelsas

Thats funny because i managed to cool it on my last build, the fix was to have my galahad as an intake, the PL1/2 on 253w and i believe a offset on -0.060.

The score was over 40k and the temps didnt even touch 100c, my max was 92! Here is a picture of a 39k score that i managed to find hehe!
This test was even made with DDR4!

Attachments

• 39183.png
    39183.png
    717.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

rockbottom

Here you go, the wait wasn't long for a review. They should have used a 13900k but even so, the performance is impressive & clearly better than any previously released AIO. You only needed 5c to get below T Junction, this should do it.

While I haven’t yet tested this, these unusually strong results make me suspect that Lian Li’s Galahad II Trinity Performance might be the first AIO capable of cooling Intel’s i9-13900K in intensive workloads without reaching TJMax (maximum CPU temperature)

CB should hit right around 42k, with no throttling.....

1692026136121.png

Last edited: