Frame drops in the preview window when using a Capture card.

zachattack12

Hello, I use an Elgato HD60 Pro internal capture card to stream and record console games for my youtube channel But I'm having frame drops in the preview window. The reason I think the problem may be OBS and not the card itself is that the TV I use to hear the game sound during recording/streaming does not have these frame drops. I'm not using any kind of HDMI splitter or anything I am outputting the capture card DIRECTLY to the TV. Also due to the way I have to set things up I can't easily just look at my sound TV instead of the preview window. Can someone please help me fix this? Preferably before Friday 11th November 2022 as that's when the next Splatoon 3 splatfest is and I wish to steam it.

zachattack12

I also should mention that these "frame drops" aren't shown by the OBS frame rate counter, only the preview window

zachattack12

WHELP, I did some testing and plugged my PC into my sound TV that wasn't experiencing lag and there were absolutely NO FRAME DROPS. This means that the problem was not OBS but my monitor.