FPS problems after the April 2018 Windows 10 Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Does having OBS open make your game lag? Has your game FPS dropped substantially?

The new Windows 10 update (version 1803) released at the end of April 2018 has some changes to Direct3D that require an OBS update. In an unfortunately timed coincidence, the auto updater built into OBS Studio stopped working in version 21.1.0, so you won't receive this OBS update automatically.

To fix this issue, you need to manually install 21.1.2. Download it from https://obsproject.com/download and install it on top of your current version. All your existing scenes and settings will be preserved.

If you're still having FPS issues after updating to 21.1.2, your issue is unlikely to be related to the Windows 10 update. Please see our help page for support with your issue via our wiki, community Discord or forums.

Last edited:

Maazin

I've updated OBS and done so many things to try and fix this problem, though I don't get much performance loss in game, its just OBS is losing frames, I have over 100 fps in games and OBS is at like 20 fps... I have a dedicated post about this, and its my only post on this forum right now.

Munkx

Still having problems after updating to the latest OBS Studio as Maazin described.. even tried to install everything from fresh...

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Then your issue isn't related to the Windows 10 update. If your log shows "using memory capture", this means the issue is affecting you, otherwise it is something else.

dragoonic

I'm fairly new to this program but from what I can tell I'm having the same problem as Maazin and Regele Edge, where I'm not actually losing any performance but obs is loosing or skipping frames. It was working fine before the april update and I've done the new update and I'm still having this problem.

dragoonic

I think I fixed it by changing the encoder to Hardware(AMD). I don't know if it was supposed to be on Software(x264) for any particular reason (I don't normally go changing stuff cause I have no idea what I'm doing) but when I looked at the log it was saying I was losing frames to encoding lag so I changed the encoder and it seems to work fine now. Hope this helps someone.

Maazin

as far as I can tell from my logs, I don't think I see anything that shows "using memory capture" at all, I'll post more stuff on my thread that I figured out from the logs and also some more testing that I did. Also I was using Hardware encoding for the most part, I changed that setting to software and had no luck.

Osiris

Then your issue isn't related to the Windows 10 update. If your log shows "using memory capture", this means the issue is affecting you, otherwise it is something else.

See what R1CH said if this is not happing in your logfile you do not have this issue and you need to create your own topic.
This topic has been closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.