FPS drops while recording

qhobbes

1. Run OBS as Admin. Right click on shortcut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.
2. Your log contains no recording session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS as Admin.
2) Start your recording for at least 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link here.

So, I want to chime in to this as well. I use the Elgato MK.2 4K60 capture card. Whenever I change the Buffering to Enable, the frames are stable until after about 10 minutes. Then I have to change the selection to Auto and finally back to Enable to fix the dropped frames.

The other problem I found was that my G-Sync monitor's vertical range was set to 30-144hz. The dropped fps problem stopped when I changed it to 48-144hz. Something seems to fall out of sync between the application and the capture card. I'm not home at the moment, but I will edit this post and upload my log as well as all of my external hardware outside of the logs. There is barely any discussion on monitors, splitters, or the types of GPU's. It's a bug that I have been discussing for a long time and is carried over to the Streamlabs version as well.

FelixTheKitty22

So, I want to chime in to this as well. I use the Elgato MK.2 4K60 capture card. Whenever I change the Buffering to Enable, the frames are stable until after about 10 minutes. Then I have to change the selection to Auto and finally back to Enable to fix the dropped frames.

The other problem I found was that my G-Sync monitor's vertical range was set to 30-144hz. The dropped fps problem stopped when I changed it to 48-144hz. Something seems to fall out of sync between the application and the capture card. I'm not home at the moment, but I will edit this post and upload my log as well as all of my external hardware outside of the logs. There is barely any discussion on monitors, splitters, or the types of GPU's. It's a bug that I have been discussing for a long time and is carried over to the Streamlabs version as well.
Apologies hehe thought I had, I'll post it one second just re-recorded what happened

FelixTheKitty22

Here's what I mean

FelixTheKitty22

1. Run OBS as Admin. Right click on shortcut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.
2. Your log contains no recording session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS as Admin.
2) Start your recording for at least 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link here.

Here ya go buddy

qhobbes

2. Record to MKV or FLV. If you record to MP4 or MOV and the recording is interrupted, the file will be corrupted and unrecoverable.

If you require MP4 files for some other purpose like editing, remux them afterwards by selecting File > Remux Recordings in the main OBS Studio window or enable Auto remux in the advanced settings.
3. 2500 Kbps is quite low for 1080p 60 FPS given the source material. I stream at 3072-5120 Kbps VBR (yes VBR) 1080p ~30 FPS and the quality is decent. You'll either need to lower your OBS FPS to 30 (leave the Razer Ripsaw HD at 60) or increase your bitrate. Twitch recommends 6000 Kbps for 1080 60 FPS streams as a reference. Since your recording locally, you should use CQP instead of CBR and re-encode if necessary.

I forgot, I'm using the Streamlabs OBS, so I may have to report it to them unless there is a similar log option. I couldn't find it though.