Question / Help FPS drop on OBS while streaming - i9-9900K RTX 2070

OLAF_SAVAGE

When I stream sometimes i get fps drop in Games. I played Rainbow Six and I startet to get fps drop in obs from 60 to 30 up and down why?. It is not only in rainbow also in other games!!! Can someone help me. :) Download 120 Mbps - Upload 50 Mbps
pc Specs-

System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Intel® Core™ i9-9900K 3.60/5.0GHz,

GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Armor

16 GB DDR4 Kingston 3000 MHz

Attachments

• 2019-06-16 14-22-59.txt
    47.8 KB · Views: 108

TheChill

Being getting this myself. I'm running multiple screens, with OBS on the second screen. Latest OBS version (I don't use OBS anymore because of multi-screen stutter, but I check out new versions when they're released).

With all displays at 60Hz, Display or Game Capture, vsync on or off, and OBS not running on my main display, I see massive periodical FPS drop in games since the most recent release. If I set all but my main (captured display) to double that refresh rate - 120Hz) the massive FPS drop doesn't manifest.

These significant drops didn't manifest in the previous version (though - because I run multi-screen - I never, ever got a satisfactory capture or even preview).

Narcogen

No output session in log.

14:32:37.777: - source: 'Display Capture' (monitor_capture)
14:32:37.777: - source: 'Game Capture' (game_capture)

You shouldn't mix display and game captures in the same scene as this is non-performant.

Narcogen

Frame rate drops in Windows 10 while using 3d accelerated apps on displays with different refresh rates is a known issue.

Only known workaround is to put both displays on the same refresh rate.

OLAF_SAVAGE

I have tried RTX but thought it was too much pixels, so I will stick to cpu :). But i dont know why i^m getting that FPS drop on obs...

orboe

You can also try updating windows 10 to the newest version. And just for testing purposed, not for long time use, try it with both monitors at 60fps just to see if it fixes it. I know others have mentioned it but you did not say if you tried it.

OLAF_SAVAGE

The last time I updated my windows it destroyed my entire computer. I got so bad fps in all games and lag and i needed to reinstall the whole computer/Windows...

orboe

The newest version of windows updated how game mode interacts with background processes like OBS. It will allow you to enable it to get better performance and still get good capture on obs.

But did you try the same refresh rate on both monitors yet? Just to see what happens.

orboe

I personally have only had this issue when using two difference hz monitors or overclocking my cpu.
Also check if your Bios is up to date. Then as a last measure, you could unplug all usb devices besides you keyboard and mouse in case it is a driver issue with one of your peripherals.

Last edited: