FPS and refresh rate drop drastically when recording/streaming Apex Legends

snaetos

So Ive had a recent issue with my OBS within the past 3 days that I've never had before in the past 6 months of me playing and capturing the game with OBS. I've had my FPS capped at 190 for a long time and it is very stable almost never dipping if it ever has. During random intervals my framerate will drop by 1-60 frames and set my refreshrate to what seems like 60hz out of nowhere. The only temporary fix I have found is tabbing out and tabbing back in, but it comes back after a little bit of time. This does not occur when doing any other kind of screen capture like discord screen share, just OBS.

*note* I am not dropping frames in OBS and it is not desyncing any audio either.

Really have no clue why this started or what I could've done. The only source in OBS that is capturing Apex Legends is my Game Capture, I do not use display capture whatsoever for Apex or anything else. Any and all help would be appreciated

So far I've tried:
-Reinstalling my drivers
-Trying older/newer drivers
-Doing a clean driver installation with DDU
-Deleting and redoing my Game Capture for Apex
-Verifying integrity of OBS files
-Updating OBS
-Reinstalling Apex/verifying file integrity
-Forcing refresh rate in the launch options of Apex (-freq 240)

My specs are:
Primary monitor: ASUS VG258QM 240hz monitor set to 240hz in NVIDIA
Secondary Monitor: NEC EA232WMi 60hz monitor
GPU: RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
MOBO: B550M AORUS Pro

honLyss

yes i have same problem after last update, i'm using ryzen 5 3500 and when i try to play fall guys, euro truck simulator 2, devour etc. my stream is lagging, normally i was streaming very well while playing them. we need to help !! (its normal when i stream CSGO or Valorant btw)

snaetos

yes i have same problem after last update, i'm using ryzen 5 3500 and when i try to play fall guys, euro truck simulator 2, devour etc. my stream is lagging, normally i was streaming very well while playing them. we need to help !! (its normal when i stream CSGO or Valorant btw)
as in the last apex update? or OBS update?

sandrix

A friend of mine has a similar problem in APEX. We tried different versions of OBS, even 27.2.4, but nothing helped. As a result, he installed very old drivers for the video card and it became much better.

I don't know if this will help, but you can download them here https://www.nvidia.com/download/find.aspx

sandrix

By the way, also try to move the obs to the main monitor, if the refresh rate of the monitors is very different, for example 240 and 60. You can leave the chat on the second monitor.