Question / Help Fixed by self * My desktop audio only records a few times before stopping.

joseph42762

Usually within just 1-3 records it will stop and not record another one. It will finish once it starts one. The desktop audio bar will go up green as if it's receiving audio, but when I listen or edit the clip there is none. This really messed me up when I recorded three long clips and only the first one had desktop audio. The problem seems to fix itself if I close OBS and re open it, but only for the 1-3 recordings. I don't want to have to keep opening and closing OBS and I REALLY don't want to risk it not recording something I spend a long time on because it's tricking me with the green bar.

Edit: I found out that it's not a matter of 1-3 times, but a matter of time. I recorded a ton of short clips for a minute and it worked fine. I folded a few shirts nearby and came back after about 3 minutes and desktop audio was broken again. I can't comprehend what's happening at this point.

Edit: After a week of no help I spent spent five extra hours and fixed my problem. Will not be utilizing the forum again.

Last edited: