File size is MASSIVE

Lone_Traveler

I've not had any problems with obs until now, I haven't touched any settings recently so I don't know what changed but here the other day I went to upload one of my videos to my editing software and it said it was 43 GB FOR A 1 HOUR VIDEO. I've tried looking up tutorials on limiting bitrate and my settings even say that it should be fine but no matter what I do the file sizes stay massive. I literally touched nothing before this broke. Please help me.
1696636792389.png
1696636823646.png

Attachments

• 1696636785927.png
    1696636785927.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 21

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Adjust the CQ level (higher = smaller files, lower quality) or use Simple output mode and pick one of the presets.

Lone_Traveler

I'm a little confused because i though 21 was a good cq level and i changed the one output mode. should i both make the number higher and use simple?

Lone_Traveler

Adjust the CQ level (higher = smaller files, lower quality) or use Simple output mode and pick one of the presets.
where do i go for the simple output mode? I'm sorry if its a stupid question i understand almost nothing at the moment

Lone_Traveler

also what would be a good file size for a 1080p 60fps screen recording of a game that is an hour long? what file size should I be aiming for with that?