[FEATURE REQUEST] Filter Hotkeys

Der Fleischmann

Hey guys,

so I would really like to see some hotkey feature in order to switch video, or any kind of other source filter on/off. So, for example: I use a gamma filter to lighten up dark ingame scenes for my viewers, but have to do it via the "scene in scene" method. I clone the game capture source into a scene and put that scene into my main gaming scene, where I apply the filter onto it. Then I just switch the scene on/off, when the game requires it. It would clean up my scenes list a lot regarding that application.

I would also see the benefits of that feature in toggling special mic vst effects, gain boosts for very quiet games and so on... the possibilities will be endless.

Thx for your great work and cheers from Germany!

Gazbeard

I am looking for something that does exactly this - I've seen other streamers using what they call "night vision mode" to lighten up what the viewers can see, while also stating that it only lightens up the streamed output and not what the caster sees on their prime game monitor (telling me it's a within-OBS method), but I can't find instructions for it anywhere after 3 days of googling.

It would be so much better if OBS had a hotkey to turn on/off a filter applied to a Source ... especially if Elgato added that hotkey to the Streamdeck software.

Warmuptill

I am looking for something that does exactly this - I've seen other streamers using what they call "night vision mode" to lighten up what the viewers can see, while also stating that it only lightens up the streamed output and not what the caster sees on their prime game monitor (telling me it's a within-OBS method), but I can't find instructions for it anywhere after 3 days of googling.

It would be so much better if OBS had a hotkey to turn on/off a filter applied to a Source ... especially if Elgato added that hotkey to the Streamdeck software.
I am not really familiar with OBS filters at all, but one way to create a hotkey to en-/disable a specific filter would be to use the Advanced Scene Switcher plugin.

The macro tab allows you to register hotkeys which perform a string of actions among other things controlling filters.
Below is an example:

EnableFilter.PNG

DisableFilter.PNG

The key binding can then be set in the OBS settings menu:
HotkeySettings.PNG

But maybe there is less complicated solution out there that I am not aware of.