Failed to connect to server (High detailed post)

When going live I get an error message saying: Failed to connect to server. The connection timed out. Make sure you've configured a valid streaming service and no firewall is blocking the connection.

Tried solutions:
Run OBS as admin
Restarted OBS
Rebooted computer
Reconnect Twitch to OBS
Edit bind option:
Change server
Turn on:
⦁ dynamic bitrate
⦁ network optimization
⦁ tcp pacing
Disconnect Twitch account and connected via streamkey
Reinstalled OBS
Reset stream key
Reset router
Added an allow inbound rule in Windows firewall
Flushed dns
Run sfc /scannow command
Updated all drivers
Updated OBS
Updated OS

Attachments

• 2024-04-15 23-28-03.txt
    45.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 2024-04-16 00-04-44.txt
    32.6 KB · Views: 8

PaiSand

Please use this tool in order to better check the quality of your internet connection against Twitch servers: TwitchTest | r1ch.net
Anything bellow 90 quality is bad and most probably an issue on your ISP. It could also be an issue on your home network or network adapter, network driver, etc.
If by any means you used a program to "enhance network" please undo the changes.
Did you updated the network driver, BIOS?

If all is well with everything else, then contact your ISP.
Looks like the RTMP protocol isn't passing throughout.

Please use this tool in order to better check the quality of your internet connection against Twitch servers: TwitchTest | r1ch.net
Anything bellow 90 quality is bad and most probably an issue on your ISP. It could also be an issue on your home network or network adapter, network driver, etc.
If by any means you used a program to "enhance network" please undo the changes.
Did you updated the network driver, BIOS?

If all is well with everything else, then contact your ISP.
Looks like the RTMP protocol isn't passing throughout.

BIOS and NIC are updated. Odd things I just discovered. I installed a VPN service and connected to an obfuscated server and now my OBS connects to Twitch servers just fine. You wouldn't happen to have an explanation for this would you?

As for the twitch test I'm goin to skip that but thank you.

I believe my network is fine as my router and network configuration is all default.

PaiSand

If with a VPN the issue resolves itself then the problem is on your ISP side, probably on the RTMP protocol. ISPs tend to forget to reconfigure correctly as before when they change some hardware.
The Twitchtest is important to figure out how bad it is.

Lawrence_SoCal

either what PaiSand said re:ISP, OR you are in a geography where nation/state rules/regulations is impacting traffic, and the VPN is configured to bypass that

[SOLVED]

My router/modem security settings was set to strict which blocked certain ports and services which prevented OBS from connecting to Twitch servers as well as prevented some VPN connections. To troubleshoot this issue I held down the reset button on the back of my router for 12 seconds and reset it to default settings. OBS connected fine and my VPN services went back to normal.

I hope this helps others who experience the same issue.

ps. I know I said my router configuration was default. . . . . .oops. LuL.