Facebook Live From OBS Browser- picture only and no sound

KJC9737

Hello OBS Forum members, my name is Kevin and I am a new member here. My question for you seasoned OBS users is how do I use the browser feature in OBS to do a live broadcast to Facebook or YouTube with sound? Using the browser in OBS saves on my CPU usage. I've tried this on a few occasions and only had picture with out any sound, which is no good as I mostly use OBS for broadcasting bass guitar videos along with Reaper. I have looked around YouTube and this forum, but have yet to find an answer. I've also enabled audio on the browser, and enabled the monitor and output. I'm beginning to wonder if OBS can do what I am looking for here.

Thank you for reading,
Kevin

Lawrence_SoCal

My question for you seasoned OBS users is how do I use the browser feature in OBS to do a live broadcast to Facebook or YouTube with sound?
You don't.. that completely misunderstands how OBS works, its intent, etc. coudl it be made to work... no idea, and not really worth the effort to find out

real-time video encoding is demanding. yes. OBS is a compositing tool to pull together various content sources (audio and video). ALl of which takes computational power. To livestream, one uses OBS > Settings > Stream. Or you can record locally in OBS, then finish/close OBS. You could edit the video in editor of choice, then upload a finished video file to provider (often using a browser)

If all you want is a camera and mic, then you don't need OBS