Encoding Lag Only in Recordings

stabslive

Hi all,

For the past few months, I've been having a lot of trouble with recordings. This is because every time I record, I drop frames randomly. More specifically, from encoding lag. This only happens in recordings, though - never streams. If anyone could help me I would very much appreciate it.

SPECS:
Ryzen 7 1700x
RTX 2070
32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz
MSI B350 Tomahawk MOBO
4TB HDD @ 5400RPM
1TB HD @ 7200RPM
500GB M.2 SSD

OBS Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/SUiLGvdJ7mit1kcm

qhobbes

The version of Windows 10 you are running (1903) has a limitation which causes performance issues in hardware accelerated applications (such as games and OBS) if multiple monitors with different refresh rates are present. Your system's monitors have 3 different refresh rates (144, 75 and 60), so you are affected by this limitation.

To fix this issue, update to Windows 10 2004 using Windows Update or set all monitors to the same refresh rate.

Please be aware that having the YUV Color range set to "Full" will cause playback issues in certain browsers and on various video platforms. Shadows, highlights and color will look off. In OBS, go to "Settings -> Advanced" and set "YUV Color Range" back to "Partial".

stabslive

The version of Windows 10 you are running (1903) has a limitation which causes performance issues in hardware accelerated applications (such as games and OBS) if multiple monitors with different refresh rates are present. Your system's monitors have 3 different refresh rates (144, 75 and 60), so you are affected by this limitation.

To fix this issue, update to Windows 10 2004 using Windows Update or set all monitors to the same refresh rate.

Please be aware that having the YUV Color range set to "Full" will cause playback issues in certain browsers and on various video platforms. Shadows, highlights and color will look off. In OBS, go to "Settings -> Advanced" and set "YUV Color Range" back to "Partial".
Will do! Thank you for the response.