Encoding issues and skipping frames out of nowhere?

OJW42

A few days ago, I noticed that I was getting performance warnings in both OBS and SLOBS. It was alerting me that frames were being "skipped" and not "dropped." This started happening seemingly out of nowhere. I hadn't made any changes and I'd never had this issue before. I've tried running as admin, lowering bitrate and resolution, changing to performance, turned off windows game mode, etc. Nothing seems to have helped. My PC Specs are an i3-10100, GTX 1660 Super, 16GB DDR4 2133 RAM. I attached a log file from a test recording in OBS and an actual stream from SLOBS. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm playing a PC game or using a capture card.

Attachments

• 2021-11-10 16-35-18.txt
    10.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 2021-11-09 15-40-21.txt
    26.3 KB · Views: 16
You might want to fresh install your graphics card drivers. Not sure if this will help, but I know some weird stuff can start happening if you have installed graphics card drivers often or when new releases come out. DDU is a good option for that.

LavieGamer

You might want to fresh install your graphics card drivers. Not sure if this will help, but I know some weird stuff can start happening if you have installed graphics card drivers often or when new releases come out. DDU is a good option for that.
This is true if you keep putting driver updates on top of driver updates it screws the drivers so if reinstall your drivers and pick clean install so deletes the old so it will no longer stacking

This is true if you keep putting driver updates on top of driver updates it screws the drivers so if reinstall your drivers and pick clean install so deletes the old so it will no longer stacking

Just reinstalling your drivers won't cut it though. You have to use DDU or another piece of software that completely removes all traces of current and past display drivers. There's a lot of good videos on youtube about DDU and it's benefits.

OJW42

That seems to have fixed it. Did a test stream for 1.5 hours and didn't have the issue anymore. Will update if anything changes. Thank you so much! Saved me from such a headache