Question / Help Encoding failure. What am I doing wrong?

Trollux

I have a Ryzen 7 2700 8-core 3.20ghz CPU, and with a Radeon RX 580 and I still can't record in 1080p60 no matter what I do. This software has proven to be more difficult and frustrating than helpful. I've tried configuring everything to my best ability but nothing matters. x264 encoding seems like crap, and my H264/AVC encoding doesn't seem to help either. I even have an H265/HEVC (Which is supposed to be better) but even that won't work. My main problem is that I just want to record gameplay, but every time I do, the encoder is overloaded and takes around a minute to stop recording. And once that's finally done, I'll check the video and the whole thing is lagged out. What is going on with this BS? Why can everybody else record games but I can't? My PC should be strong enough for this so wtf is the deal?

This included log might not be the right once, but it was the last used.

Attachments

• 2019-09-30 14-51-22.txt
    10.1 KB · Views: 26

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
I would suggest starting with a clean profile, you've changed settings you shouldn't be touching. Stay in simple output mode and don't change any advanced settings and you should be fine. Deleting %appdata%\obs-studio will reset everything.