Encoder NVIDIA NVENC H.264 (FFmpeg) is taking too long to encode (timeout: 5 seconds)

DrewSunn

Everything is working fine but then my entire computer locks up for a couple seconds, this error pops up. OBS is the cause of the freeze, doesn't happen when not streaming/recording. Doesn't happen after a set time, seems random.

Recording error - An encoding error occurred while recording: Encoder NVIDIA NVENC H.264 (FFmpeg) is taking too long to encode (timeout: 5 seconds)

1688199328972.png

Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/DOF9T1cjxlRf1d6d

Specific line w/ timecode:
01:07:31.960: [NVIDIA NVENC H.264 (FFmpeg) encoder: 'advanced_video_recording'] Encoding queue duration surpassed 5 seconds, terminating encoder
01:07:31.960: Error encoding with encoder 'advanced_video_recording'

Feel free to ask questions, I need a solution to this... Please help.

PaiSand

You have too many outdated plugins. Please first remove or update this plugins.
Don't use too many filters, either for video or audio. You're probably killing the GPU and CPU with so many plugins.

Make sure the GPU driver is correctly intalled. You can perform a clean install if you want to be sure:

Once you finish cleaning the plugins and filters, please run the Auto-configuration Wizard and apply the settings it gives. Do NOT change them. Restart OBS (!important)
You'll notice that now you're on simple output mode. DO NOT change this. Keep it as is.
Perform a test stream/recording of at least 30 seconds doing as you normally do, including playing games, full camera or whatever you normally do. Just one single session. This means, start, do as you do, stop. Please don't start and stop multiple times.
Now look inside Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues.

DrewSunn

You have too many outdated plugins. Please first remove or update this plugins.
Don't use too many filters, either for video or audio. You're probably killing the GPU and CPU with so many plugins.

Make sure the GPU driver is correctly intalled. You can perform a clean install if you want to be sure:

Once you finish cleaning the plugins and filters, please run the Auto-configuration Wizard and apply the settings it gives. Do NOT change them. Restart OBS (!important)
You'll notice that now you're on simple output mode. DO NOT change this. Keep it as is.
Perform a test stream/recording of at least 30 seconds doing as you normally do, including playing games, full camera or whatever you normally do. Just one single session. This means, start, do as you do, stop. Please don't start and stop multiple times.
Now look inside Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues.
The majority of the filters you see, both for video and audio, aren't enabled the entire time while streaming/recording and aren't affecting performance, but I will do a clean of the ones I don't use. This is a hiccup that happens once maybe twice a stream, 90% of the time everything works perfectly, and has been doing so for years, somewhere after the 29.0 update this started.

I will also update my plugins, as you are right I haven't done that since somewhere during 28.0

GPU Driver is installed correctly and up-to-date.

I will fresh install OBS in a different location and run a test rather than uninstalling everything I need to properly run my content, is that acceptable? Or must I undo my work.