Elgato HD60s audio becomes delayed after running for around 1hr. Please Help.

gzuez101

I have an Elgato HD60s connected to my Switch and when I start the program all is fine and though there may be a fraction audio delay (I have the Elgato Audio Monitoring on "Monitor Only (Mute Output)", after about an hour it gradually goes out of sync. Even around the 30 min mark you can hear the audio delay but it is very noticeable at 1hr. The only way around this situation is to change to a different scene or mess with the audio setting which then syncs it up again, but then the problem comes back within the hour.

Changing the Audio Output Mode in the Elgato HD60s between "Capture Audio Only", "Output Desktop Audio (DirectSound)", and "Output Desktop Audio (Waveout)", does nothing from what I can tell to help with the audio delay. I personally wouldn't like the 2 other options because I do not know how to adjust the volume, whereas the "Monitor Only (Mute Output)" lets me adjust the volume.

As far as I can tell, the Elgato program itself does not show the audio lag, but I'm pretty sure it is direct feed so there it no loss in both audio and video.

I will list the specs of my computer. (Taken from CPUID)

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x Eight Core Processor (a bit outdated but still working properly)
Motherboard: B350 Tomahawk (Latest BIOS Installed)
RAM: G.Skill @ DDR4 2133 mhz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8B RAM (Latest Driver Installed)

OBS and Elgato programs have been updated to the latest drivers and cables have all been upgraded, Elgato connected to the USB 3.0 slot.

Video: 1080p Base/ 1080 Output/ Bicubic/ 60fps (I have scaled both down to 720 but the problem still occurs.)
Audio: Sample Rate is 48khz on both OBS and Windows
Output: x264 encoder/ 4500 Video Briate/ Audio Bitrate 160/ Disabled Advanced Encoder Settings

I have been on this for months trying to figure this out. Please any help would be appreciated as like i mentioned, the only way to fix it it to change something in the audio setting and letting it sync back up, or changing Scenes.

gzuez101

To bump this, I have tried messing with sampling rate, different modes of audio monitoring, checking and unchecking timestamps, and so far nothing works.

What is interesting is that when I change the audio monitoring to Monitor Off, and recording for 1 hour. There does not seem to be any delay, but the problem then becomes I cannot hear it without Monitor Only (mute output).

Second point that is interesting is that I have also left the original Elgato Game Capture App on for an hour and the Audio stays in sync there but not on OBS. I would have thought it was my device but wouldn't this prove that my device works and that there may be an issue in my setting or at least a bug that makes an audio drift?

Again any input would be appreciated.

dehboxturtle

Hello! I had a similar issue where the audio would become desynced over time. It seems that the capture source in obs in my setup was ignoring the audio frequency i set and always running at 44.1khz. i made a short video showing how to check if you and the same problem i did and how to resolve it here https://youtu.be/LLggr5ZaSco