Echo in my videos?

GamerRedd

Hi, I've been having this issue now for a while now. Whenever I record something, my desktop audio seems to echo. I only notice it in the finished recording and I have no clue why this is happening. I feel like I've tried everything from every post regarding this issue yet nothing has worked. Please help this has been very annoying for a long time now.
Log File:

AaronD

The automated analyzer found some problems, but none that would cause your issue. You should still look at fixing them though, as they're likely to become problems in the future:

I haven't heard of the *Desktop* audio getting repeated, but it's fairly common to have a *Mic* repeated because people don't understand that the Desktop capture is LITERALLY EVERYTHING that comes out of the speakers, *including OBS own monitor* if you have them both set to the same device. So the mic runs through the normal path first, and through the monitor that they have turned on, and a copy of that dutifully takes another trip through Windows' non-instant audio system and reappears in the Desktop source as well, just long enough delayed to be annoying.

Might you have a variation of that problem? At any rate, screenshot *all* of your audio settings. OBS's audio is a mess, and it's easy to miss something. Both the value of a control, and its existence in the first place.

GamerRedd

Here's pretty much everything

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-28 094319.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-28 094319.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot 2023-10-28 094211.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-28 094211.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot 2023-10-28 094142.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-28 094142.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot 2023-10-28 094106.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-28 094106.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 19

AaronD

Wow! You don't have ANY of the common pitfalls, and you're *still* getting a repeated audio track? I'm starting to think it's not an OBS problem, but you somehow have Windows' audio system configured weird, or another app is doing it, or something like that.

If you create a track in Audacity (no need to save, just play it from there and capture it normally) that has the shortest possible blip to see on OBS's meter (you might need to experiment with that), does OBS's meter jump twice?

It might also be useful to record that in OBS and load it back into Audacity, and see if you do in fact have two copies of that blip. You'll probably need Audacity's FFMPEG plugin to do that, which is also free, but doesn't come preinstalled for licensing reasons. Once you have that, you can import a video file into Audacity, and it'll take the soundtrack.

GamerRedd

It seems you were right, when I created a audio track in Audacity that recorded my desktop audio, it echoed. Its definitely my computer's audio that's screwed up somehow. Thanks for the help.