Dynamic Delay

Dynamic Delay 0.1.4

Grandy

Any chance this might be expanded to also manipulate the audio along with the video itself?

Potentially looking at replacing some replay functionality with this.
Our current way is to use the replay buffer and load those back in on a different scene - dynamic delay could certainly give us more fine-grained control, which is wonderful, but having the audio from that game source going back in time would be an amazing addition.

Gretorp

Hey Exeldro.

Thanks for this. Is there any way to increase the duration length? Currently it's capped at 100s, but i'm trying to do anywhere between a 300s to a 600s dynamic delay. Definitely understand that it becomes more taxing on the computer which makes it more unstable, but it'd help an entire community if that worked.

Appreciate your work tysomuch!

Exeldro

@Gretorp the only way to set a higher value atm is by editing the json file that stores the settings.
Why do you need such a large delay in memory?

Poofdagger

Hello,
I have installed this plug in and got it all set up. But my first stream after installing this plugin my memory usage jumped from about 600mb to over 8000 mbs. This is the only thing I have changed in between streams and am interested if this is to be expected (it has to store the rewind somewhere)? If it is expected how do I uninstall the plugin because it’s making some of my games un-streamable. Thank you!

Poofdagger

@Poofdagger the plugin stores the raw unencoded video in memory. The amount of memory depends on the resolution and the framerate.
So if that’s the case it probably explains my memory issues. How would I go about uninstalling it? Does it come with an uninstaller? Use windows uninstaller? Or just delete the files out?

Exeldro

@Poofdagger if you used the windows installer to install it, you can uninstall it. If you have copied the files to the OBS directory, you will have to delete them there.

Gretorp

@Gretorp the only way to set a higher value atm is by editing the json file that stores the settings.
Why do you need such a large delay in memory?
Poker is streamed on a 5-10 minute delay. One of the biggest problems of streaming poker is the lack of ability to switch over to real time so they can switch games. People have to turn off their stream then turn it back on.

I know we're still ways away from that since audio still needs to be delayed, but there's some tremendous practical uses that bring streaming poker to a new capability.

tinodo

I want to use the Dynamic Delay on a source that might not be visible all the time. Currently, if the item Dynamic Delay is associated with is not visible, it will not buffer/cache the video. Is this by design?

Exeldro

@tinodo OBS does not render sources that are not shown, the filter can not capture frames that are not rendered. As a workaround you can open a projector that has the source shown.