dvd screensaver

dvd screensaver 1.1

univrsal

universallp submitted a new resource:

dvd screensaver - Will it hit the corner?

TguOwdx.png
What?
Does exactly what it says. Adds a new source type, which turns any image into the dvd screensaver.
How?
Head over to the release page and drop the files into your obs-studio installation directory.
Why?
I don't know, you tell me.

Read more about this resource...

univrsal

I really like that you made this! Will you be adding anything in the future maybe? Like transparent gif support?
This was more a gimmick than anything else, glad you like it though. I use the builtin image source from obs so anything that works with the image source works with this plugin. If transparent gifs don't work in the image source then they won't work with this plugin, but you should be able to use the color key filter. Not exactly the same but at least something

univrsal

Any chance you can get this for the Mac?
Yes and no. I got it to run on macOS, but for some reason obs keeps crashing. If you want to try your luck you can use this build here, but there's no guarantee.
Just put the folders obs-plugins and data into "/Applications/OBS.app/Contents/Resources/"
Edit: I tried it with the official obs release and it seems to run fine, but still I can't vouch for anything.

Attachments

• dvd-screensaver.macOS.zip
    12.4 KB · Views: 347

Merl Click

Awesome project, I use it for my opening sequence! You said it works with any obs images, but GIF's aren't animated. Would be really cool to see that, or even scenes as a source!

univrsal

Awesome project, I use it for my opening sequence! You said it works with any obs images, but GIF's aren't animated. Would be really cool to see that, or even scenes as a source!
I'm pretty sure I know what's causing this, but I can't fix it until I get my pc fixed, so it'll take a bit

Edit: Well looks like that wasn't it :P, so it might take a bit longer
Edit 2: I found the issue thanks to jim and I'll make a new release hopefully soon

Last edited:

ookhier

hi ,hanging arround for years here but i just registerd my self to say thanks for this awsome plug in !!

drewbabe

I'm pretty sure I know what's causing this, but I can't fix it until I get my pc fixed, so it'll take a bit

Edit: Well looks like that wasn't it :P, so it might take a bit longer
Edit 2: I found the issue thanks to jim and I'll make a new release hopefully soon
Any chance this will get fixed soon? It'd be pretty cool to have an animated gif, or even an image slideshow if it's somehow possible!

univrsal

Any chance this will get fixed soon? It'd be pretty cool to have an animated gif, or even an image slideshow if it's somehow possible!
It's already fixed I just never made a new release because I kinda neglected it. I wanted to add the option to select any source as the logo and that's where I stopped. I'll try and finish it now though.

univrsal

Alright I made a release, but didn't include the external source option, because I couldn't get it to work properly. GIFs should play properly now though

Mikeyw_17

What am I doing wrong??

I cannot get this to install.

I’ve tried extracting the zip and copying the files into the obs directory and nothing tried moving it to the plugins directory and nothing....

what am I missing?

univrsal

What am I doing wrong??

I cannot get this to install.

I’ve tried extracting the zip and copying the files into the obs directory and nothing tried moving it to the plugins directory and nothing....

what am I missing?
Did you download the actual plugin or the source code?

Mikeyw_17

I'm slightly embarrassed to say but it looks like i was downloading the wrong files from the github, sorted it now thanks for coming back to me so quickly! :)

hannides

I'm slightly embarrassed to say but it looks like i was downloading the wrong files from the github, sorted it now thanks for coming back to me so quickly! :)
Ok well now I'm embarrassed too. I downloaded from here:
1588178820232.png

is that wrong? I can't get this or ANY of your projects to work in my OBS 25