Dropping Frames in OBS due to Render Lag (when locally recording). Nothing Helps

AdTappsy

Hi guys,
I have been going out of my mind trying to record gameplay on OBS and I keep dropping frames no matter what I do. I have a Ryzen 7 3700 CPU and Radeon 5700 xt GPU. I am just trying to record gameplay set at 1080p/60fps and I have been messing with settings in OBS for weeks, changing the bitrate (100,000 kbps, 6,000kbps, 10,000kbps, 2,500 kbps), changing the process priority, turning off Windows game mode, turning on Windows game mode, turning on and off v-sync. I've changed the quality preset, the rate control method (CBR, VBR, etc), I have tried using HEVC and AVC to encode as well as x264 since my CPU is more powerful, but I have the issue no matter what. I also tried turning my settings all down to low for everything in game to see if my GPU just couldn't handle the high settings (I was playing Dark Souls 3 at the time) and I was still losing frames, dropping to like 52.3 fps. In the stats it said they were being lost due to render lag, rather than encoding lag. I tried to use the OBS wizard settings for recording, but I still had the same issue with their recommended settings enabled. My OBS is updated. My Radeon drivers are updated. My OS (Windows 10) is updated. I feel like my GPU should be able to handle this, but it seems like nothing I do makes any difference. Any help that anyone could provide would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 2020-11-16 10-10-10.txt
    386.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

AdTappsy

Here is a screenshot of my stats

Attachments

• Screenshot (10).png
    Screenshot (10).png
    304.8 KB · Views: 55

AdTappsy

I have since tried dropping my fps to 30 and even 20. It always dips below what I want no matter how low I make it.