DroidCam Virtual Output

DroidCam Virtual Output 0.1.2

hqraja

@hqraja - the DroidCam-OBS app and this plugin are completely unrelated. I am not sure where the confusion came from, if you have any feedback on how to improve the different plugin/app descriptions please let me know.

This plugin simply provides an alternative virtual camera for obs, to get the OBS output into 3rd party apps like Discord/Skype/Zoom etcc.
For the Droidcam-OBS app, see the Droidcam source plugin: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/droidcam-obs-camera.145220/
Thank you for the clarification. Yes, it'll be great to add to this one's description that it's meant to only allow you to setup an alternative virtual camera, and does not include the ability to bring a phone's camera feed into OBS. That'll help avoid any such confusion for others like me. :)

c0d33ngr

Season greetings to you. It's cool you made alternative solution for Windows users to use OBS studio with WhatsApp.

I'm having issue in setting up it on a Windows 10 PC to mirror the screen on WhatsApp call but it not displaying the screen but rather my face. Photos below
IMG-20221231-WA0052.jpg
IMG-20221231-WA0053.jpg
IMG-20221231-WA0054.jpg
IMG-20221231-WA0056.jpg

dev47

Hi - You seem to be in Studio Mode and the desktop capture is in your Preview. The main Program output is what's captured, so you need to transition the Preview into the Program.

You can also just disable Studio Mode to make it simpler to manage the stream.

c0d33ngr

Hi - You seem to be in Studio Mode and the desktop capture is in your Preview. The main Program output is what's captured, so you need to transition the Preview into the Program.

Wow... I wasn't expecting your swift response. Thank you, I'll do so.
It's actually my first time of using OBS studio for screen recording

c0d33ngr

Hi, I was able to setup it up thanks to your help but when I wanted to use my PC camera on my browser, it still shows Droidcam which I was done with after doing a tutorial via WhatsApp.

I checked camera settings in my chrome browser, it's set to droidcam which I later changed to my PC camera. After closing my browser to try again, same issue occurred - it still point to Droidcam which is blank with white display instructing to start Droidcam

I'll be grateful if you could point me to a direction

dev47

Did you activate the DroidCam Output? In the OBS menu bar, under Tools -> DroidCam Virtual Out, tick "Activate" to start the webcam.

c0d33ngr

Did you activate the DroidCam Output? In the OBS menu bar, under Tools -> DroidCam Virtual Out, tick "Activate" to start the webcam.
Hello sir - I've already setup it thanks to your help earlier.

The issue I was talking about is the change that occur after using it on my PC

My Windows camera app capture me as usual but on browser it uses Droidcam as camera visual output even after changing the camera settings in browser, to point to my internal HP camera and not Droidcam.

In the third photo below I was suppose to be able to see my face and not Droidcam
IMG-20230105-WA0032.jpg
IMG-20230105-WA0033.jpg
IMG-20230105-WA0031.jpg

dev47

@c0d33ngr -- I'm pretty sure each website lets you select the webcam on their own. The one in the settings (your first screenshot) is just the "default one.

On webcamtests.com, are you not seeing the webcam selection drop-down before starting the test?
Like this:
Screenshot 2023-01-05 103852.png

I've been using this [fantastic] plugin for a while - as I need the Downstream Keyer plugin visible when using Discord with people.

I just upgraded to a new PC (4090; all the trimmings, etc) and the app worked for a hot minute but now causes Discord to crash and reset whenever I try to turn on *any* camera source when in a video chat channel. I've reached out to Discord just now as well.

I use Windows 11 on this. Driver and app are the latest/updated. I've spent two weeks ironing out all of the issues with this new PC and am so close! Ugh, this is the last issue now.

(when I uninstall your plugin, Discord goes back to working normally)

dev47

Hi @Redolent Thought ,

* Does DroidCam Video work fine with other programs, ex. the Windows Camera app ?
* Do you still have access to the old PC? Which version of Discord does that have compared to the new one (which I assume has the latest).
* Does the OBS Virtual Camera (sans downstream keyer) work fine with Discord on the new PC?

Depending on the answers, this may be an issue with the latest version of Discord.
I hope their support / devs will respond to the query as well.

Hi @dev47

Yes, it works with Zoom; Camera; et al

Old PC is up to date. I'm still using it- debating whether or not to use it in a dual-stream capacity - so I've kept everything up to date there as well.

The OBS Virtual Camera - and any camera - works when I have deleted your plug-in. When I reinstall your plug-in, *none* of the cameras work, and Discord will just crash and restart immediately.

Hope this helps! I love your app - it's the workaround to what OBS Virtual Camera should already do - with the Downstream Keyer - which I absolutely need for interacting with guests on the show we're about to drop!

@dev47

Well, I take that back, now - FRIDAY, when I removed your plug-in, Discord worked. Just tried to reinstall and uninstall, and now Discord doesn't like any of it. Always resets.... I'm going to try and uninstall Discord again and reinstall - without the plug-in...but two days ago, just uninstalling the DroidCam got Discord working again....

I'm also going to try just using the FaceCam directly through OBS, instead of using elgato's CameraHub app....

OKAY! LAST UPDATE FOR NOW, I THINK!

@dev47 Hi!

So! I uninstalled and reinstalled both your plugin, the drivers, and discord over and over again, always checking if other cameras worked.

- Sometimes, even when uninstalled - when I could get my camera to work, Discord didn't like me turning on my camera UNLESS I changed to a different video chat channel than I was in before.... Then I would change channels and it would turn on.

- Tried this with your plug-in installed...Still didn't work....
- Tried installing your drivers and plugin WHILE DISCORD WAS OPEN - and the DroidCam Video option showed up - I clicked on it - and then opened OBS - Discord didn't crash(!!!) and I turned on ("Active") in OBS and I am looking at a WORKING plugin again. Don't want to jinx it - but I guess I should close/restart the PC and see if it still works!!!

But I am currently ELATED - I have about 25-30 Downstream Keyer scenes in my scenes, and it is pretty ESSENTIAL. Excited. Thank you!

dev47

Roger- Thanks for following up thoroughly. I will update to the latest discord client and do some experiments (normally I just use the web version), but given that zoom/etc all worked fine, it could be that Discord is hitting a snag while enumerating the cameras on the system, and by reinstalling you somehow got it into a happy state.

Roger- Thanks for following up thoroughly. I will update to the latest discord client and do some experiments (normally I just use the web version), but given that zoom/etc all worked fine, it could be that Discord is hitting a snag while enumerating the cameras on the system, and by reinstalling you somehow got it into a happy state.
Just as a follow-up: Running your app, it now just needs me to change channels before turning the camera on - if I don't - it does the quick crash-reset thing. But after, I go "Oh, just switch to this channel and then another channel" and it works fine. Not sure on who's end that's on, but still - your app is appreciated!

CaDuSiMs

I am trying to use Output, but it only gives me options at 30fps.

I installed the drivers and then the plugin.

I am using Windows 11. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 44

Chris_faq

I have installed the two drivers "Droidcam Audio & video Drivers (New)" and "Droidcam OBS Virtual Output Plugin" on my portable PC (Win10 /up to date). They appear in the Apps & features list but nothing appears (Droidcam Virtual Output) in OBS under the "Tools" menu. Drivers and OBS (29.1.2) have been reinstalled two times
On a similar PC it is working fine. What could be the cause ?
Thank you

dev47

@Chris_faq -- do you not see the Toole menu entry, or does the output not sync?
For case 1: try reinstalling the plugin, and upload + post the OBS logs (via Help menu) here if it doesnt work.
Or you can email the logs to support@dev47apps.com

Case 2: A computer reboot would be the main option.