Resource icon

DirectShow Audio Source Plugin

paibox

heros in an halfshel
paibox submitted a new resource:

DirectShow Audio Source Plugin - Add an audio device to a scene as a source via DirectShow

During my recent work on the DirectShow plugin, I came up with an idea that it might be possible to make a DirectShow plugin to act as sort of a custom audio source... and this is what it ended up being. :)

It's sort of hackish in some ways on the source code side at the moment, but from my testing it seems to work fine.

If you feel the need for custom audio sources, feel free to grab the files from here:

0.552b+ files:
http://www.apehead.se/dshowaudioplugin_32.zip (32-bit)...

Read more about this resource...

paibox

heros in an halfshel
Ah, you won't need this plugin for that once the next version of OBS is released, I've added separate audio source selection to the regular DirectShow plugin as well, mostly because of cards like these that use a separate audio source. :)

paibox

heros in an halfshel
It currently only works in test versions 0.473b 11 and below, not 0.472b. I will compile a new set of DLLs for the latest test version later, but there will be no 0.472b version, sorry.

paibox

heros in an halfshel
I'm not quite sure what you mean, you must be starting up the wrong version of OBS, that's about all I can think of.

On a side note, I've updated the plugin to work with the latest test version of OBS.

RIdeOnSkulks

Hey,
your plugin is really interesting, but I can't make it work on the 0.48.012b.

I got this error:
Entry point ?InitAudioData@AudioSource@@IEAAX_NIIIIK@Z was not found in OBSApi.dll.

Coud you help me with that ?

paibox

heros in an halfshel
That's really weird, it works fine for me. Are you sure you extracted the right bit version of the plugin to your plugins folder?

real21

I'm having the same issue as RIdeOnSkulks except that I can't resolve it.
Both versions give the error ?InitAudioData@AudioSource@@IEAAX_NIIIIK0@Z

paibox

heros in an halfshel
I'm sorry real21, but you are simply using the wrong version of OBS. The current build works with test build 0.48.012b only, but I will make a new build once the API stabilizes for a while.

Wolfbane

Got the same error as "RIdeOnSkulks" got.

Image http://i49.tinypic.com/1pf8sy.jpg with info about files location and image of the error, and what version of OBS Im running.

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
DirectX 11

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

Graficscards: AMD Radeon HD 6950 Series x2(Crossfire)

Soundcard: ASUS Xonar Essence ST Audio Device

Need any more info then ask away.

I am aware that OBS is in my "Program Files (x86)" Folder, but it is where the program installed itself, but the 64 bit version of "OBS" is located in that location, might not be relevant. but might just mention it and the people who knows more about the thing can ignore it. ;O)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

PLEASE - Slap me silly... I just missed what u wrote to the other guy.
paibox said:
The current build works with test build 0.48.012b only

Meekel

R0dney said:
Thank you, I can finally use my Blackmagicdesign Intensity Shuttle without AmaRecTV :)

What source did you select within the plugin for the IS to give you audio?

paibox

heros in an halfshel
With the 0.50 update live, I can happifyingly announce that a new build of the DirectShow Audio Source Plugin is available from the main post, please read the updated notes and stuff, and have fun!

LongBowNL

Is it also possible to use an audio output? For example USB headphones. I tried to set my USB headphone as a source but it does not work.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Hmm, paibox have you thought about getting the sourcecode to github or something like that?
I thought about checking if I could add one or two functions, like a hotkey option to mute/unmute each source if desired. And maybe I could even take a look at the problem with using playback devices as input. =)

KillerKuma

Currently having issues. Using Speakers/Default Device for Gameplay and headset for Comms. I'm using the plugin to add the Comms/Headphones/Default Communications Device and it simply no longer works. What is new in general with the latest OBS in the list of devices is a second list with all my devices but with a prefix of: "Direct Sound:" ie:"Direct Sound: Device Name Here" I do have a sound card, ASUS Xonar Pheobus (sound cancelling is amazing with my studio condenser mic!), if that may provide another issue.

I've also tried reverting to an older OBS and still having issues for some reason. Will try again in the mean time and will post a version that works if that's what it takes. Truly love how simple this plugin is when it works. I hate making everything into one audio source when gaming/drawing. May go with VAC later if I feel like it... I just already have over 10 audio devices. Wouldn't appreciate more added to the list!

mplover

One other alternative to not currently being able to use the sound output is the stereo mix loopback on Windows. It's only for the default device, but it will still work for some cases like mine where I only use the default device audio on certain scenes. Just my little bit of info.

Great work here! I can't wait to see the finished product!