Desktop audio has dissapeared after installing Twitch Soundtrack

rayjaken

Hi all.
So, I had my OBS perfectly fine configured. Today I installed Twitch Soundtrack to include music in my streams, and now I can't see Desktop Audio anymore in the sound mixed in OBS. Instead, I have "VOD Audio for Soundtrack by Twitch", and its bars never move. I have been playing around with the different tracks associated to this, but it didn't work.
I have uninstalled Twitch Soundtrack, but unfortunately the Desktop Audio option isn't back... I still see the same "VOD Audio for Soundtrack by Twitch" in the mixer, even after uninstalling it.
Even if I uncheck the box to display only active sources in the advanced sound settings, I just can't find the Desktop audio anymore...
Can anyone help me, please?
Here's the log: https://obsproject.com/logs/7S3hJsRegXFFnXoW
Thank you.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 197
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 198

iliandoporros

maybe this will help, but I still dont find desktop audio 1, so I use desktop audio 2:

in this thread they say " Check "C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit" path for "soundtrack-plugin.dll". Delete it. Uninstallation does not remove it, so plugin stays installed."

TheCipster

Unfortunately this happened to me as well.
These are the things I tried but none worked:
  • Uninstalled Twitch Soundtrack
  • Removed soundtrack-plugin.dll manually
  • Reinstalled OBS over old one
  • Tried different configurations in the Audio Settings, including "default" and the actual hardware device
Also for me, the only Desktop audio source that worked after all these steps was #2.

Now I have completely uninstalled OBS using BCU, including registry keys, setting folders in AppData, etc. and I will retry installing it later this afternoon. I'll post the results here.

TheCipster

I can confirm that a reinstall from a completely clean state fixed the issue.

It would be nice to have a strong "Reset to defaults" option somewhere in the settings.

TheEddResult

I had a similar issue, except it disabled the audio on my computer completely. In my case, I had to open task manager and find Audiosrv, right-click, and hit start. It's dumb that I have to do this, but it seems to be a good workaround for now. I'm hoping they fix this soon.

Attachments

• 1657800765139.png
    1657800765139.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 1657800864593.png
    1657800864593.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 90